Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge a complaint.

Options
  • 30-01-2012 6:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭

Hi i am here to lodge a complaint on the moderator muffler. His attitude stinks. There was a thread on the forum (north) talking about bank notes asking about legality and what ones could be used. I responded by telling them that the only legal bank notes in the uk were bank of england ones. Someone decided (wasn't any of his business) that i was wrong and replied rather arrogantly about how i was wrong. I then gave a quote proving him wrong. Afterwards this mod banned me permantely for this. I do not like this. And i am convinced that he banned me because he didn't agree with my viewpoint. Its quite clear when we see someone else who attacked me and had no reason to post in the thread who didn't get banned. I also have to say that he has been harassing me aswell. Telling me that i have to give him explanations for everything when frankly its none of his darn business. I have a strong feeling that the harassement is because i'm a unionist and he dosn't like that. It happens quite regularly on this forum. I have seen on doubtless occasions mods banning unionists because they disagree with their views. Not only that but his langauge in his reply is atrocious. I quote: "You have been banned for being a dick"

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Could you please provide a link to the thread in question. You'll need to log out first to see it due to your ban. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Before this complaint is reviewed in depth, it is recommended that it be moved to DRP, as it pertains to a North permaban that occurred today (30 Jan 2012), as well as a history of 5 (reds) infractions and 4 bans in North and/or its Derry sub-forum within Region.

I agree, moved from Help Desk

Marcanthony, I've deleted your post as a) you are not permitted to add your issues to another person's thread; and b) you are not disputing a warning, infraction or ban, and therefore your issue is not covered by this forum. Please take your issues to Help Desk or PM the appropriate CMods.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You were abusive to another poster and received a ban. You had already been given numerous warnings, infractions and bans as outlined above by Black Swan so the forum moderator decided that a permanent ban was the correct recourse.

What exactly would you like to dispute?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

NORTH BANNING POST:
    owenc wrote: »
    I then gave a quote proving him wrong. Afterwards this mod banned me permantely for this. I do not like this. And i am convinced that he banned me because he didn't agree with my viewpoint.
    In fairness, the posting by owenc for which he was banned, including muffler’s reply was as follows:
    owenc wrote: »
    Don't be so ridiculous. Instead of making a fool of yourself. Actually look things up before you post. Believe me i am correct i live in the uk and my aunt is a bank clerk i know. Its not exactly any of your business what currency we use anyway.
    muffler wrote: »
    Consider that your last post here.
    SUMMARY:
    • This (North forum banning) above post by owenc had not occurred in isolation in North or its Derry sub-forum, but was only one of several that had resulted in many prior in-thread warnings, 5 infractions (Reds) issued since 2 July 2010, and 4 bans (7-days, 1-month, 1-month, and finally this permanent) issued since 11 March 2011.
    • Within the context of owenc’s overall posting history on boards.ie, the actions taken by muffler in North and its Derry sub-forum were consistent with those taken by 7 other mods and one administrator. There appears to be a pattern of posting by owenc that has resulted in many in-thread warnings, infractions, and bans across 6 different forums.
    • Summary of owenc’s boards.ie history since 25 December 2009:
    1. Official warnings (yellows) = 7
    2. Infractions (reds) = 14
    3. Bans = 18 (4 permanent from Weather, AH, Politics, and now North)
    CONCLUSIONS:
    • Poster owenc had received plenty of advance notice overtime that his posting behavior had not been consistent with the spirit and intent of North or its Derry sub-forum charter guidelines by numerous in-thread warnings, infractions, and bans.
    • It is highly recommended that owenc examine his posting behavior on boards.ie overall, as there appears to be a pattern that violates charter guidelines across several forums, not just North and Derry.
    • The actions of moderator muffler were consistent with the spirit and intent of the North and Derry charter guidelines, and the Permanent ban issued to owenc should not be removed. This final conclusion was consistent with the review and post by Cmod Mr Magnolia above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

You were abusive to another poster and received a ban. You had already been given numerous warnings, infractions and bans as outlined above by Black Swan so the forum moderator decided that a permanent ban was the correct recourse.

What exactly would you like to dispute?

Abusive? I was giving him evidence to prove him wrong. Its quite clear that, that mod has a problem with me. And after just reading my post i was banned for. There is nothing to justify him banning me. As i said he has a hatred for me and banned me for nothing. There are several republicans on there and they say whatever they like to me but its not alright for me to give my views. Just because he was having a bad day or something gives him no excuse to ban me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

If you have a problem with the approach to moderation on the forum you should have taken it up in the helpdesk before now. If you wish to discuss this then start a thread there, this DRP thread is here to deal with your ban specifically.

The moderators here are volunteers, they will issue guidance, guidelines, warnings, infractions and bans all before a permanent ban. You have been a disruptive force in that section of the regional forums for long enough and this has been highlighted here already.

Your performance on the North and its Derry sub-forum has been reviewed in detail (see above). Both Regional Cmods have reviewed this ban, and agree with the moderator that your ban from North was justified.

The Regional review has been completed. If you wish to go to the next level and request that the Administration review your ban, please make this request here now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Well thanks for doing that but i really don't want to go back there i feel quite uncomfortable to be honest. Anyway all i wanted to was get my point across that, he is being bigoted in his reasons for banning. I would however like to process a complaint against him for his bad moderating. I don't find anything wrong with the other moderator.

Just received a PM from owenc. When asked if he wanted to go to the next level in the process and have the Administration review this DRP, he stated: "So no i don't want it reviewed."

Owenc concluded by saying, "I just wanted to get my point across to him" -- which he did on this forum -- this being an important part of the dispute resolution process.

No further action anticipated on this DRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Thanks. Closing as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement