Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking the Grand Canal

Options
  • 30-01-2012 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

I'm on a bit of a get healthy buzz at the moment and as a goal for myself I was thinking of walking the length of the Grand Canal. I was just wondering if anyone here had done it? I'd be doing it during the summer and as I live in Naas I'd probably walk from Dublin to Sallins separately, perhaps even over 2 days as part of warming up (if that isn't considered cheating!). From looking at the map I'd imagine that it would be possible to do the remainder in 3 days (stopping at Edenderry, Tullamore and Shannon Harbour). If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions that would be great, just at the seriously thinking about it stage really.

Comments

Advertisement