Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climbed out of cot... Time for a bed?

Options
  • 30-01-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭

Twin B climbed out of her cot today to get some books(!) She's just turned two.

So... I've dropped the side of the cot to make it easier, and made it safe with stair gates in case she goes AWOL at night.

However... what now? Toddler bed? Mattress on floor? Proper bed?

Thoughts and comments welcome.

(Twin A is in separate room, so no issues there).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Proper bed.

We couldn't get our lad to sleep in a cot so he was put into a bed at 11 months. It worked a treat at the start but he's 18 months now and climbing out every night and coming into our bed so just be ready for that as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I had trouble keeping my son in a cot.He is in a bed since he just turned two and is sleeping better. I did however make the room safe. For example tied up the blind cords, bed rail on side of bed, took out lamps, put in those safety socket things and also I put a lock on the wardrobe because his toys are in there and he tends to decide he wants to play instead of settling down in the night. Seems not fair but I take it off during the day. The bed rail I got was a safety first one. I had bought another one for my daughter and it doesn't sit as well under the mattress. The safety first one is more mobile. Also they were selling them in lidl recently for 20 quid I think. You're probably better off goin for a bed rather than a toddler bed. They won't last that long in the smaller ones. I have a stair gate on the door too which is handy. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Do you use Grobags?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

My son will not let me turn his cot into a bed, he goes insane if he sees me near the sides. He is 3 next month!!!! He likes to roll around a lot in his sleep, even the side rails don't seen to be good enough for him! He is old enough to climb in and out safely now, but he has been doing it with over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Yes, she is in a grobag at night. Only climbs out at nap time when she is not in grobag.

I lowered side of cot and put large upholstered footstool beside it... she is now well able to safely get in and out (but hasn't tried at night yet).

I think it'll be a full bed, and see what happens. I don't mind if she potters around as room is safe and she can't get downstairs. Might make life easier actually, she can rummage around for a book or have a drink or whatever. Generally a good sleeper.

Fun times ahead. Her twin brother will not be far behind I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

3DataModem wrote: »
    I lowered side of cot and put large upholstered footstool beside it... she is now well able to safely get in and out (but hasn't tried at night yet).
    Just how stable is that? My niece found out the hard way when she used a similar arrangement to climb into her play pen. :)

Advertisement