Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction

Options
  • 30-01-2012 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

I got an infraction from the mod Ezridax a few days ago which I believe was very unfair and is a bad mark against my name.

I contacted a different mod (Sparks) to look into the issue and look at it from a neutral stance and maybe see about getting this sorted out.

I sent him my message 2 days ago and havent heard anything back so Im guessing he was probably the wrong person to ask, so I'm posting this here now, and with a bit of luck I'll get through to the right person.

(TO make this easy on myself Im just going to post the message I posted to Sparks which explains the whole situation.)
    We were talking about minks on the hunting forum.

I said that I hate mink and I hate stoats and that I would shoot them if I could- (you know, as in, if it was legal and I was allowed then Id be on a rampage)

Then Ezridax, I cant remember his exact words off hand- but he quoted me and pretty much told me that stoats are protected and I should see about reading up and learning about which species arent protected.

I dont shoot stoats and thats only because I value my firearms and licences far more than I care to see a dead stoat.

Knowing that he has read my strong opinions on hunters breaking laws and not knowing the hunting seasons and/or not knowing and being able to recognise whats protected and whats not proctected etc... I posted back saying that of course I know stoats are protected and then put in a few of these --> confused.gif I was a bit confused as to why he suddenly thinks (and I still am) that I wouldnt have some basic understanding of our protected species considering I bang on about it enough.

He replied to that by quoting my original post where I said that Id love to kill stoats if I could and did I care to explain what I meant by that.

I replied back saying that the law says I cant shoot them, but it doesnt require me to like them either

Then I logged on this morning and suddenly my comment is gone and I have an infraction for persisting on with talking about killing a protected species.

Ok I just want you to see this from my point of view.

1) Im very well acquainted with the protected species list and seasons etc.

2) I never once said I kill stoats in any of my posts. I didnt even hint at it, allude to it, promote it or anything. I simply said (Im paraphrasing here) 'if I was allowed to shoot them I would and that Id be only too glad to shoot every single one of them in this country'.

I dont see why Ezridax is taking such a gripe with this..? I could apply that same logic to something like "If I was allowed to reload my own bullets then Id reload for me and all my neighbours" Would I get banned for saying that on boards..?

3) THis part is really irking me off. He quoted me and asked me to explain myself. Then I explain myself and he infracts me.

Like what kind of sh1tty stunt is that to pull on someone. I think I have just lost all respect for him.

If hes that against people who dont like stoats he could have just pm'd me and I wouldnt have said another word about it.

Or he could have put in the bold writing like he usually does, "anyone else talks about stoats and their in trouble". But no, he asked me to elaborate and then when I elaborated he goes and infracts me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

Actually nevermind. I didnt realise until there now that an infraction doesnt count for anything important. You can lock this up.

(Im still a bit annoyed at the way events unfolded, but sure what can ya do)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

You should contact the mod who actually issued the infraction and explain your case ... see if that helps.

If not, I'll leave this thread open, you can come back and ask for a Cmod to look it over.

Advertisement