Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fuel fraud

• 30-01-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jucko

Ive been buying bulk fuel for my business, agreeing a price on the phone before ordering or having it texted to me.
    The docket arrives (metered), theres no price on it and because i know and trust this person well i pay at the end of month.Religiously. And as the person i know well arrives with statement and expects a cheque by return l pay up because im getting a good price.
    Not so.
    lve just gone through a years dockets and ive been robbed based on the prices that i was given. Up to 30 grand. So far ive gotten 5 inc VAT back.
    Ive been promised another 5. Dont think ill get it.
    He says that he was giving me his purchase price and then charged a delivery charge on top.Its a lie and the first ive heard of it , l wanted to know what l pay.... nothing else.
    What do l do?
    Im really let down by this as business has been under pressure like everyone else in the country and this guy knows it but i always pay on the last day of the current month and take pride in it .

Ill be contacting my solicitor but any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Trust... No one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Using words like ' fraud ' and ' robbed ' may not be appropriate here - have you been the victim of fraud or are you just peeved at paying a high price for fuel ?
    If the latter , there is nothing to be done other than shop around.
    If on the other hand you were paying for less fuel than was delivered then that is a matter for the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

Why did you price it and get it text to you if u never checked it and always went with them .

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jucko

Actually just called solicitor earlier, eh it a case of being invoiced at a different price to that which i was quoted. Thank God for texts as ive got all the quoted prices on phone, so hopefully itll be sorted now with a bit of legal persuading.Bad publicity and all.
    I suppose it is a case for the Gardai otherwise. As the first poster says - trust noone. :eek:
    Seriously l grew up with this guy... now he lost a good PAYING customer, what a clown.
    Cheers lads.

Why did you price it and get it text to you if u never checked it and always went with them .
    I compared prices, according to the text his was cheaper.

• Advertisement

I dont mean to sound smart but caveat emptor comes to mind.
    Dude - you are totally 100% correct, a dear but worthwhile lesson.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I can't see the fraud. You were given a quote and then an invoice with a higher rate but paid it anyway. You really should have checked before you paid. Even if it was a friend, people make mistakes. But he didn't try and deceive you in any way.

MagicSean wrote: »
    I can't see the fraud. You were given a quote and then an invoice with a higher rate but paid it anyway. You really should have checked before you paid. Even if it was a friend, people make mistakes. But he didn't try and deceive you in any way.

No invoice ,and dockets werent priced just a statement at the end of month when cheque collected. Hey, totally my fault for being trusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

jucko wrote: »
    No invoice ,and dockets werent priced just a statement at the end of month when cheque collected. Hey, totally my fault for being trusting.

Surely you knew how much fuel you received. When you multiplied the litres received by the price quoted and saw that it was much higher on the statement did you not ask why? It's not your fault for being trusting. It's your fault for not paying attention. As I said, there is no fraud here because he didn't attempt to deceive you. He charged you a different price to what you expected and you paid it.

Advertisement