Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whelan's - Dublin City

Options
  • 30-01-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm going to a gig at Whelan's on Thursday night. I've never been there before so I'm just wondering what it's like.

I'm basically just wondering if it's a good venue. I've heard about it a lot so I guess it's probably quite good but I'd like to hear you own personal opinion.

Also, the doors open at 8.00 PM so approximately what time should I expect the show to end at?

Thanks for any helpful answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Suas11 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm going to a gig at Whelan's on Thursday night. I've never been there before so I'm just wondering what it's like.

I'm basically just wondering if it's a good venue. I've heard about it a lot so I guess it's probably quite good but I'd like to hear you own personal opinion.

Also, the doors open at 8.00 PM so approximately what time should I expect the show to end at?

Thanks for any helpful answers.

Its a great venue! And with plenty of cool bars in the vicinity. Solas, the village, against the grain are all great. Enjoy!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Gigs would tend to be over by 11pm, 11.15pm at the latest in my experience.

Great gig venue, I love it. I've seen countless acts there over the years. The late bar (until 2.30am) part of it would be pretty popular on a Thursday night if you're sticking around. Expensive drinks though!!

Advertisement