Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do with dog?

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

FFS Biko.

Lock it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

idunnoshur wrote: »
    Last night when I went over to my friend/dealers house I told him about the dog, he said it was my dog and I should do whatever I thought was best. I agreed with him and thought that no more was going to be said on the issue.

We then smoked a couple of jintys and he said to me that he'd like another Jack Russell because his one of his was run over by the milk lorry (he's a farmer too). I knew that I could get something from him for the dog so I asked him for an extra bit of nodge (I thought that the bag was a bit on the small side anyway), he agreed.

We then smoked for a while longer and watched some youtube videos. Not sure what time we decided to call it a night but he drove back to my house behind me, I said farewell to the dog and we loaded him into the boot of his car.

It was more than likely the best solution to the problem for everyone, I won't have any more cats killed, my friend has another dog to keep his other one company and the dog gets to live on.

So you gave your dog to a drug dealer.

Troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭idunnoshur

So you gave your dog to a drug dealer.

Troll.

What's wrong with that?
    He's a good friend of mine and he enjoys having dogs around the place.

What's wrong with that?
    He's a good friend of mine and he enjoys having dogs around the place.

Oh nothing, I'm sure he's a very responsible chap.

I'm sure your father will be happy he left the decision up to you.

What age are you, if you don't mind me asking?
    Your desire to detail all the cool drugs you took makes me think that either you're a poor troll or very, very young. Certainly too young to be left in charge of animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

OP I have no problem with you if you pop the dog, just do it right. One shot one kill=instant death. However, I'm interested in your logic, you hunt yourself crows and rabbitts, I'm sure you get a buzz out of a nice clean kill or a good shot. Though others may say different that is normal.

But I am left confused as to why you think you may need to shoot him. Is it the myth of him tasting blood? Or something else? I hunt myself so I have no problems with shooting animals, once it is legal and it is a clean kill. But tbh I'm stumped abround your reasoning?

Oh nothing, I'm sure he's a very responsible chap.

I'm sure your father will be happy he left the decision up to you.

What age are you, if you don't mind me asking?
    Your desire to detail all the cool drugs you took makes me think that either you're a poor troll or very, very young. Certainly too young to be left in charge of animals.

The old man gets on well with him, he'll have no problem with me having given him the dog.

I don't mind you asking, I'm 20.

The old man gets on well with him, he'll have no problem with me having given him the dog.

I don't mind you asking, I'm 20.

I hope you're trolling then, for the dog's sake.

Your treatment of the dog suggests he might actually be better off with the friend.

Odysseus wrote: »
    OP I have no problem with you if you pop the dog, just do it right. One shot one kill=instant death. However, I'm interested in your logic, you hunt yourself crows and rabbitts, I'm sure you get a buzz out of a nice clean kill or a good shot. Though others may say different that is normal.

But I am left confused as to why you think you may need to shoot him. Is it the myth of him tasting blood? Or something else? I hunt myself so I have no problems with shooting animals, once it is legal and it is a clean kill. But tbh I'm stumped abround your reasoning?

I do enjoy shooting vermin but to be honest a clean kill isn't overly important to me.

It's because I like having cats around the place, I thinkvthey control rats far better than dogs and that dog keeps killing the cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Odysseus wrote: »

There is no reasoning with a troll.

Wouldn't you agree that it's a bit far fetched? If a person had a crisis of conscience about shooting a dog, of all of the fora on boards, why ask After Hours?

Sometimes the answer is right in front of your face.

Abi wrote: »
    There is no reasoning with a troll.

Wouldn't you agree that it's a bit far fetched? If a person had a crisis of conscience about shooting a dog, of all of the fora on boards, why ask After Hours?

Sometimes the answer is right in front of your face.

I wouldn't have called it a crisis, there was no rush in deciding what to do. The forum chice could have been better I'll concede.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Last night when I went over to my friend/dealers house I told him about the dog, he said it was my dog and I should do whatever I thought was best. I agreed with him and thought that no more was going to be said on the issue.

We then smoked a couple of jintys and he said to me that he'd like another Jack Russell because his one of his was run over by the milk lorry (he's a farmer too). I knew that I could get something from him for the dog so I asked him for an extra bit of nodge (I thought that the bag was a bit on the small side anyway), he agreed.

We then smoked for a while longer and watched some youtube videos. Not sure what time we decided to call it a night but he drove back to my house behind me, I said farewell to the dog and we loaded him into the boot of his car.

It was more than likely the best solution to the problem for everyone, I won't have any more cats killed, my friend has another dog to keep his other one company and the dog gets to live on.
    Ok, now that we know this thread is locked again. I won't even go into the trollish nature of the thread start or update by OP...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement