Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog treats/food making dog sick?

• 30-01-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I have a yorkie (7 year old) who gets fed dry dog food. He'll eat any type of dry food that's put down to him and any scraps left over from anything. He also gets a denta stick every day and a couple of goodboy chocolate buttons.

He'll eat literally anything that's put down to him and it never does him any harm. He even tried to eat the news paper one day because there was gravy spilled on it :D

Anyways, I've been noticing the last couple of months that dog treats are making him sick. Bones make him sick after a few hours but not too bad. I gave him one rodeo stick a couple of weeks ago and it had him vomitting all day and the next morning. Yesterday, I gave him some ceaser wet food along with his dinner and puking rings around himself all day and all last night.

He really eats any old crap that he thinks smells good around the house so it has me wondering what sort of stuff are they puting into dog food that gets him so bad?

I'll be sticking to the dry food and human food from now on anyways (apart from the denta stick that is his one true love!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Yeah i would just stick to that plan.
    Our dog was getting ill every so often,we eventually narrowed it down to chicken believe it or not.
    I think she has developed an allergy to it,she hasn't had chicken of any type now for over three weeks and she has been fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 BennyBlanc0

stacexD wrote: »
    Hey,
    also gets a denta stick every day

Have you read the ingredients on the back of those things? Check out the salt content! Dunno about every day. Bones are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭readmylips

jeez, salt001, same problem with our lab, gave her chicken based dry food....puke everywhere , sick for days...back to beef n veg...no bother, and when we DO give her a bit of chicken, same story..thats weird..

stacexd: maybe cut out the chicken for a while and see??

Advertisement