Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donor egg

Options
  • 30-01-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I am 42. We have been through HARI as we were planning IVF. Dr not recommending it for us, because of my low ovarion reserve. He has advised that our best option is Donor egg, so we are trying to get our heads around this option.

Has anyone any experience of this process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tartetatin

Hi Mendacity
    I'm investigating this option myself and have got loads of information from the rollercoaster.ie forums. There's whole board devoted to donor ivf. Also there's an NISIG (think that's the right acronym) meeting in Dublin on Saturday dealing with donor ivf. I've never been to any such meeting or been involved with any infertility group .....maybe because I'm not ready to concede that I I fall into such a bracket ...yet.
    Anyway, it's all such a terrible shock for you just now. You have just met with one fertility guru. There might be other experts who might disagree. Don't write your own eggs off just yet. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mendacity

thanks for the info on NISIG. I am going to go along to the meeting on Saturday and will check on Rollercoaster.

M

Advertisement