Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Irish Comprehensions

• 30-01-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

Just wondering, does anyone know whether you can directly quote from the text for each answer or do you have to manipulate it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

You can quote directly from the text. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Oh god that is wonderful news considering the comprehension section is 100marks!

I agree, I was delighted when our teacher told us! :D There's a question on grammar though and a question where you have to comment on the genre of the extract. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Grammar is fair enough, a lot of it is grand once you have a basic knowledge of all the tenses! And I'm sure hazarding a guess for the last question wont cost you many marks if you haven't a clue what to write!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭TheBody

Answers must be written in your own words as much as possible. It says this on the exam paper at the start of the question......"Bíodh na freagraí í d'fhocail féin, oiread agus is féidir leat."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

^Thats because the sample papers' comprehensions are from past exams when that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

Our teacher tells us to change it to the third person. which is easy. agam-air/uirthi etc. know your prepositions and one should be fine.

gfgfgf14 wrote: »
    Our teacher tells us to change it to the third person. which is easy. agam-air/uirthi etc. know your prepositions and one should be fine.

agam - aige/aici
    orm - air/uirthi ... : o

And well yeah, that's kind of a given I hope! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

agam - aige/aici
    orm - air/uirthi ... : o

And well yeah, that's kind of a given I hope! :)

**** :O needs to go over his prepositions

Advertisement