Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Program Advice for Beginner

Options
  • 30-01-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Ive been going to the gym for the past month, have been following a program I got of a mate but im just doing that everytime I go and I can see from here thats not the way to go. I see everyone is suggesting starting strenght, where can I get this program. I can find the website but I cant find any programs. Im 27 6ft and 83kg. I would like to get stonger and put on some muscle mass. I have been doing weights for a month do and dont seem to be getting anything from it, I can only bench 45kg atm which is what I could do a month ago. Anyway a typical days diet would be

6am - Apple
    6.30am - 7.30am GYM
    10am - Apple + Yogurt +Protien Shake
    1pm - Bowl Of Soup or Chicken With Salad
    6pm - Chicken Fillet with veg or spag bol or chicken and spuds etc (trying to stay away from spuds lately)
    8pm - Bowl of cereal or Grenola crunch bar

I goto the gym before work as its the only time I get a chance. I know my diet is not that good either so can someone please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

sorry i should have said I goto the gym 3 mornings a week and I run 5-7km twice a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs - program.

I would eat more than an apple before going to the gym. I would have some porridge with honey and a protein shake (not the carb + protein shakes, just the protein ones).

I would drop the cereal and replace it with eggs or something more natural. Maybe another protein shake.

The rest of your diet seems fine. You have to be making sure you're eating over your maintenance, at your height and weight you'd probably want to be hitting around 3000 calories a day (of good stuff mostly) for good results, but it all depends on your activity levels.

Advertisement