Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WLR Listener Club.

Options
  • 30-01-2012 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

http://www.wlrfm.com/component/content/article/59-things-of-the-week/2831-join-the-new-wlr-fm-listener-club.html

I see the local mafia are looking for peoples opinion on how to improve things.
    Maybe reality has finally hit them & about time too.
    They must have realised that all their self proclaimed BS is all it is!
    I personally stopped listening to it when I was in my teens
    & that was not today or yesterday.
    Unfortunately in public places you're kind of stuck.
    My suggestions would be to rid the station of two of it's more
    'popular' gurus & they would be BMcC & OC.
    I'll now leave the floor to you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Aw Silly, So WLR is not your favorite station ?
    If its not you cup of the thats fine but I don't see why you have to cut the arse of of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

Like them or not they still have very impressive listenership figures. Mind you they do love telling us that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

The fact that you used "Listener" in your title block, says a lot of your opinion of WLR, I have to say I can't stand the stutteribg of one of the presenters you mentioned, it justs smacks of lack of preparation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

The fact that you used "Listener" in your title block, says a lot of your opinion of WLR, I have to say I can't stand the stuttering of one of the presenters you mentioned, it justs smacks of lack of preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Whadda Loadda Rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I like WLR, i stopped listening to it in my teens and then went back to it. I guess thats why they have Beat now. Anyway, i think if you are not interested in hearing pathetic acts like Rihanna or gaga then somewhere like WLR with a good mix of listening is ideal. Also, i prefer the presenters who arent trying to be all quirky and your friend like the ones on 2fm and today fm

i also like newstalk, off the ball being the best radio show/presenters in Ireland.

oh, and the american accents on Irish people on 2/today fm annoy the hell outta me...pardy time etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

too much advertising lately and that knocking olly flipping annoying they keep advertising that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I don't think they want my opinion!!!

As for Billy McCarthy, I just think he's the most arrogant, sactimonious presenter I've ever heard. Why people subject themselves to listening to him is beyond me. And didn't he go and take over the slot where they play music from musicals etc on the weekend too, just to be sure I'd never listen to the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I can't remember how many years it's been since I listened to WLR. Shockingly amateurish all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Get rid of billy McCarthy and WLR might be able to breath again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I used to listen to Sinéad Flynn on Sunday night's, now that she's not on, and it's automated I don't bother turning it on.

Advertisement