Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What weight to put on a TS115

• 30-01-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Just bought a 2002 TS115 with a new rossmore loader.h

Will be using for pit silage, round bales, dung, etc.

How much weight do I require on the back?

Anyone in Cork selling / making weights?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

i would say don't waste ur money you don't need any weight on that tractor. correct me if i'm wrong but a bale of silage is prob the heaviest thing you'll be lifting. We move our wraps with a mf398 and the only weight on the back is the yard scraper:D. Best of luck with your new purchase!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭topgeas

19driver83 wrote: »
    Just bought a 2002 TS115 with a new rossmore loader.h

Will be using for pit silage, round bales, dung, etc.

How much weight do I require on the back?

Anyone in Cork selling / making weights?

ive a 99 ts with tanco loader. 5 ft wide, 4ft high, 1 ft thick. filled with concrete. around half ton. make it as wide as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭19driver83

topgeas wrote: »
    ive a 99 ts with tanco loader. 5 ft wide, 4ft high, 1 ft thick. filled with concrete. around half ton. make it as wide as possible.

Tanx. Why did you say as wide as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭topgeas

Tanx. Why did you say as wide as possible?

spread the weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

i would say don't waste ur money you don't need any weight on that tractor. correct me if i'm wrong but a bale of silage is prob the heaviest thing you'll be lifting. We move our wraps with a mf398 and the only weight on the back is the yard scraper:D. Best of luck with your new purchase!!

more weight out back means less weight on the front axle, which means less wear on the front axle. every tractor front axle will benefit from a counterweight for loader work.

Quicke reccomend a 40/60 weight distribution for 4wd tractors with the empty bucket fitted.

Dont know how you'd figure the weight distribution other than driving to a weighbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 masseys scrap and zetors no better

ive a 1tonne quick hitch weight for the back of my ts115 turbo,great job for redusing front axle wear.but for a tractor like a 115 any less of a weight than 1 tonne isnt worth putting on,im using my ts for dung and lifting mc hale fusion round bales,with the 1 tonne counter weight the tractor isnt overloaded either,the 115 is a cracking tractor best of luck with her! and best of luck to tismesoitis when he has to replace his front axle bearings on his 398 due to no counter weight,a counter weight is cheap in the long run.......

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭19driver83

ive a 1tonne quick hitch weight for the back of my ts115 turbo,great job for redusing front axle wear.but for a tractor like a 115 any less of a weight than 1 tonne isnt worth putting on,im using my ts for dung and lifting mc hale fusion round bales,with the 1 tonne counter weight the tractor isnt overloaded either,the 115 is a cracking tractor best of luck with her! and best of luck to tismesoitis when he has to replace his front axle bearings on his 398 due to no counter weight,a counter weight is cheap in the long run.......

Tanx. I was thinking half tonne would be enough, im surprised that ur saying a tonne.
    I was thinking of looking at something like the ones advertised on donedeal, see below links, any comments;

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2852269
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2874047

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 masseys scrap and zetors no better

Tanx. I was thinking half tonne would be enough, im surprised that ur saying a tonne.
    I was thinking of looking at something like the ones advertised on donedeal, see below links, any comments;

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2852269
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2874047

well the loader itself would be half a tonne and then take for a tonne on the front of it at times,half a tonne would hardly even put a bulge on the back tyres

Advertisement