Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Physics/Maths secondary teaching

• 30-01-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hello everyone,
    I am just wondering if physics and maths would be a good combination for secondary teaching? Im currently doing a science degree and i can do education of the physical sciences (physics and maths) in 3rd and fourth year if i choose to. i would be a fully qualified secondary teacher when i graduate.

I am seriously considering it as i think i would enjoy being a teacher.
    My main worry is the difficulty of the college course. Is the maths very heavy or is it manageable?

Is it very hard to be a physics/maths teacher with all the course changes e.g project maths etc?
    I enjoyed both subjects for the leaving cert but is teaching them completely different to studying them?

For any physics/maths teachers out there can you tell me if the job is enjoyable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

is any job enjoyable? thats up to the person and no one can answer that. I would find irish teaching worse than pulling out my toenails but love maths teaching.
    maths teachers are hard to find to be honest, physics with it would be a good combo as you could do science, possibly applied maths and also the usual sphe, religion etc thrown in.
    Main q: do you want to be a teacher?

Advertisement