Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Splitter 3.6db or 4.0db

• 30-01-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

i recall a problem before when upc used an odd splitter.
    instead of the top of the splitter being the input and the buttom two of the splitter the output.
    it was different, quite bizarre, it was one bottom the input then other bottom the output and the top another output.
    i rearranged the location of broadband in the house and put the cable in wrong, the broadband kept cutting out, i thaught it was the location i plugged it in from, but it was my mistake, for the unconventional splitter.

anyway, my probs now, im in a different house i have broadband and upc box, and the splitter. marks at the bottom the two sockets are marked 3.6db and 4.0db.

the qeustion:
    which goes were? the broadband 4.0db and the upc 3.6db. or the other way around. or does it even matter which socket they go into?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

It's a 4/4 split so it doesn't matter which output you use. The other split you mentioned was a 6/2 split. With the latter,if your modems TX levels were boarder line the 4dB could make the difference between the modem working or not. Also the strange input\output orientation would catch people out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

thanks is was a little bit of a monkey on my back, i was thinking it could be affecting my broadband.

Advertisement