Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d viewing

Options
  • 30-01-2012 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hello, I am new to this and its either a strange first post of the halucinations of a madman.
    I am not going to pose a question ,as for instance "what is truly seeing"?
    but my question is more , when you focus your eyes to build up a picture , ie. looking at your hand, into a cup , through a midst of trees in a forest. what is it called when evertything takes on a 3 dimensional view.
    I am new to trying to see things like this, and i find it quite soothing. it can also quieten the mind to no end.
    I understand this seems abit sketchy in my explaining of it, maybe im just seeing what its like to see for most people or maybe im not.. maybe there is more to this seeing malarky one thinks.
    This is under sober conditions by the way. ambiguity and crazy trips aside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Do you not normally see in 3D? If you do, how is it different to regular 3D perception?

Might you have stereoblindness or some sort of visual agnosia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereoblindness

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

I understand this seems abit sketchy in my explaining of it, maybe im just seeing what its like to see for most people or maybe im not.. maybe there is more to this seeing malarky one thinks.
    This is under sober conditions by the way. ambiguity and crazy trips aside.

Well of course we have no idea how anyone else sees the world. All we know is that it's equivalent - to the extent that we can put into words. But maybe what's blue to me is yellow to you. More precisely, if I could see what you call blue the way you see it, maybe it would be what I normally call yellow:eek: Maybe you perceive depth in a completely different way to me.

Still, I don't think I would ever describe my seeing experience as being sometimes more 3D, and sometimes less. So it sounds to me like you see things differently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

I think its something more to do with focus and how deep you can take it..I guess maybe im just chilling out or becoming calmer..a mantra always comes to my head "eyes adrift" from a band chris noveslic set up, never heard their stuff but i always mused over the band name..i guess its about focus. But i still think their more to 3 d viewing than just looking out and forming pictures...we have 2 eyes..probably they have a good set of co-ordinates to start off with but what if their symetry is challenged that bit further....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement