Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could cut one welfare payment, what would it be ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Im not sure about government policies on welfare payment but im sure theyre good ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

smash wrote: »

Either way, the high horse opinions of a self proclaimed ex nazi aren't worth much. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Awww what's wong ickle twinkle toes, you no like me much?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Awww what's wong ickle twinkle toes, you no like me much?.
    Like I said, considering your beliefs or previous beliefs, it makes your opinions not worth a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

It's a very tiny minority that get pregnant in order to receive benefits. It's also up the the male to use contraception too.

Either way, the high horse opinions of a self proclaimed ex nazi aren't worth much. Sorry, but that's the truth.

This is perfectly true. But the male can walk away as we know. It is the girl who has to go through pregnancy and give birth. Shes bears more responsibility than the bloke ... I mean he could be an irresponsible ****. This is too important and has too many consequences for the female,for her to hand it over to anyone else

Like I said, considering your beliefs or previous beliefs, it makes your opinions not worth a lot.

To you, but then you and your opinions mean even less - to me :cool:

Either way I'm not going down this route with you.

Goodnight sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

It's a very tiny minority that get pregnant in order to receive benefits. It's also up the the male to use contraception too.

its a small minority but it does exist, i think theres something about attack the pst not the poster. Hes entitled to his opinion. Everyone can make mistakes not just a single parent. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone etc

Balmed Out wrote: »
    its a small minority but it does exist, i think theres something about attack the pst not the poster. Hes entitled to his opinion. Everyone can make mistakes not just a single parent. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone etc
    Well his posts were pretty much insulting to every female mother on boards. And to females in general actually.

And look at the figures here. The government lost more money by adjusting the motor tax bands than they've spent on single parent benefits.

Why is every single parent tarred as a loser who's out to rob the state? It's a small enough minority that the welfare officers should be on the case doing their jobs!

Well his posts were pretty much insulting to every female mother on boards. And to females in general actually.

Then why didn't you attack my posts instead of attacking me, your here long enough to know that.

Then why didn't you attack my posts instead of attacking me, your here long enough to know that.
    I didn't attack you. I gave my opinion about yours. I also commented on your posts and how wrong they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Id say id have to agree with this Abi lady and her tit lathering, if only for giving me that image

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/1032i4E0B9A47D8C51C43/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I think the welfare system is too generous its a disgrace. People just dont want to work. Having a good welfare system definatly disincentives people to work!!

We can clearly see the evidence for this during the boom years when the welfare was higher than it is now! Employment must have been low right? Wrong it was near full employment which sort of destroys the idea that anywhere close to a majority of people on welfare dont want to work. People rarely choose to be on welfare its a ridiculous attitude to have.

I didn't attack you.

Actually I feel you did, you used what I've posted in the past to try to discredit something I post about now.

Either way, I reported your post as I believe it contravenes THIS RULE the charter is very clear in relation to this..
    We all know how easy it is to lose the head in an internet argument and pour scorn on another poster. If you do this then be prepared for the intervention of a moderator. "Attack the post and not the poster" is a guideline you'll hear trotted out rather a lot. Try and keep to this rule.
    Do not use posters posts in other forums here to insult them.

So I'm not discussing it with you any further.

Like I said, goodnight.

Actually I feel you did, you used what I've posted in the past to try to discredit something I post about now.
    I think you discredited your own post by the tone you used towards single parents and how you tarred them all as social welfare frauds or incompetent tarts.

Anyway I doubt I hurt your feeling, but I know you've hurt a lot of people's feelings with what you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

So if a chic is up the duff now, then F'you ya silly bint don't expect the tax payer to bail you out of it this time!.
    No, but I'm tired of paying for their parents mistake's.

There is no reason why Mary Jane Rottencrotch should be having multiple births for multiple partners and the tax payer picks up the cost (in the vast majority of cases).

Unless a girl either doesn't give a rats arse if she's pregnant or its planned as part of our little cottage industry of child-support then there is absolutely no reason why a girl can't get contraception and take precautions.

Stop payments on new births I'd say.

You must get quite dizzy up there on your high horse! :rolleyes:

There are plenty of reasons that a woman might not be able to use the various forms of contraception. As for condoms...
    The typical use of male condoms, which is the average way most people use them, has a failure rate of 14-15%. This means that 14-15 people out of every 100 will become pregnant during the first year of use. Spermicidal agents increase the effectiveness to over 95% when used correctly and consistently.
    micropig wrote: »
    This is perfectly true. But the male can walk away as we know. It is the girl who has to go through pregnancy and give birth. Shes bears more responsibility than the bloke ... I mean he could be an irresponsible ****. This is too important and has too many consequences for the female,for her to hand it over to anyone else

Ah yes, the old the girl bears more responsibility than the bloke saw. I suppose when it comes to abortion you would be in the she has every right not to consult the father as it is too important and has too many consequences for her to hand it over to anyone else.

Maybe more boys and men need to learn to keep it in their trousers until they can use it responsibly. A good use of state money would be to make all males over the age of 15 have vasectomies and then if they want them reversed they would have to prove that they could support a child until the age of 18. :D

There are plenty of reasons that a woman might not be able to use the various forms of contraception. As for condoms...

Ah yes, the old the girl bears more responsibility than the bloke saw. I suppose when it comes to abortion you would be in the she has every right not to consult the father as it is too important and has too many consequences for her to hand it over to anyone else.

Maybe more boys and men need to learn to keep it in their trousers until they can use it responsibly. A good use of state money would be to make all males over the age of 15 have vasectomies and then if they want them reversed they would have to prove that they could support a child until the age of 18. :D

Your username doesnt lend its self well to your arguement :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Either way, I reported your post as I believe it contravenes THIS RULE the charter is very clear in relation to this..

So I'm not discussing it with you any further.

Like I said, goodnight.

Nice way to stand by your convictions by reporting a post which objected to the offensivness of your post.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Nice way to stand by your convictions by reporting a post which objected to the offensivness of your post.

From Smash;

Read the charter, its very clear on this matter;
    Do not use posters posts in other forums here to insult them.

Simple as, now stop trying to bait me into an argument please.

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    Your username doesnt lend its self well to your arguement :)

Damn and there was me thinking that it added gravitas to my posts. :(

I'm heading round to the CWO in the morning to see can I get a sub from him to pay for a Boards member in order to change my name.

Its a simple fact of biology

A better would be to provide good sex education to all teenagers, condom vending machines available to them in the street. More awareness made of other more reliable contraception, the pill, implants etc.....and teaching young girls to have more respect for their bodies

Young boys must see how society cleans up the mess of other men who don't take responsibility for their kids, Show them by example, that they can't walk away easily and if they have children they have to take on the responsibility by making all current non-contributing parents take responsibility

• Advertisement

Damn and there was me thinking that it added gravitas to my posts. :(

I'm heading round to the CWO in the morning to see can I get a sub from him to pay for a Boards member in order to change my name.

Sure why not, throw on your pjs and take your 40 children by 26 different men and tell him how poor jaaaaaccccintah needs a wedding dress aged 16.

Also it would help if you were single.

And a foreigner

And black.

Look at what this thread has done to me :(

Read the charter, its very clear on this matter

Lets do that

"Similarly please do not insult other forums or groups of posters here in after hours."

I'm pretty sure women, and single parents are pretty large groups.

Lets do that

"Similarly please do not insult other forums or groups of posters here in after hours."

I'm pretty sure women, and single parents are pretty large groups.

Not all overweight surely?

and teaching young girls to have more respect for their bodies

You're still doing it! The onus on the girls.

Sure why not, throw on your pjs and take your 40 children by 26 different men and tell him how poor jaaaaaccccintah needs a wedding dress aged 16.

And a foreigner

And black.

Look at what this thread has done to me :(

You've just insulted me three times! :eek:

Her name isn't Jacinta. :pac:

You're still doing it! The anus on the girls.

FYP

That would solve everything, one up the....

• Advertisement

Sorry, but we have more respect for our bodies. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

And a foreigner

And black.

[SIZE="2"]Look at what this thread has done to me :([/SIZE]

You've just insulted me three times! :eek:

Her name isn't Jacinta. :pac:
    It's Charmaine

You're still doing it! The onus on the girls.

There is more consequences for the girl:rolleyes:

Sorry, but we have more respect for our bodies. :p

On a serious note nothing wrong with anal if done in a safe manner, the safest contraceptive method there is

You're still doing it! The anus on the girls.

FYP

What you saying
    Instead of going for the pink
    Go for the brown

• Advertisement

gcgirl wrote: »
    What you saying
    Go for the brown

If in doubt, pot the brown in the middle pocket yes

Now I'm getting a sense of why you picked your username. :eek:

On a serious note nothing wrong with anal if done in a safe manner, the safest contraceptive method there is

State sponsored free vaseline for all:D

What you saying
    Go for the brown

If in doubt, pot the brown in the middle pocket yes
    Lol
    It's grand on rag week :)

Wouldn't want to make it a regular occurrence though

I there was a cultural shift amongst teens to bumming as the primary method of intercourse it would solve the single parent problem, with natural intercourse reserved for its primary purpose.

Either that or go back to fingering

God no ky gel
    Vaseline is asking for trouble with condoms

God no ky gel
    Vaseline is asking for trouble with condoms

• Site Banned Posts: 165 ✭✭narddog

Cut childrens allowance. You want to have kids, go right ahead. Just don't expect me to help cover the cost of raising them. You are squirting out a child honey, not splitting the ****ing atom. Get over yourself and stop expecting free money.

Closely followed by rent allowance. As a house owner who has rented out a house to someone receiving RA, they treat your house like ****, have no respect for anything and expect someone else to pick up the pieces after they have wrecked havoc.

Ah no, Micropig.... it'll rot the condoms! :eek:

gcgirl got there before me!

I there was a cultural shift amongst teens to bumming as the primary method of intercourse it would solve the single parent problem, with natural intercourse reserved for its primary purpose.

It's parenting alone not all single parents are "single" their ex wives ex husbands widows widowers and long term relation ships !

• Advertisement

We need to think outside the box:p

We need to think outside the box:p

Youll end up in shít creek otherwise

narddog wrote: »
    Cut childrens allowance. You want to have kids, go right ahead. Just don't expect me to help cover the cost of raising them.

Even if you help to make them! It's that attitude that has this country in the red.

Ah no, Micropig.... it'll rot the condoms! :eek:

Yes sorry mistake on my part there

KY jelly so

& only up the bum remember

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Seriously this is getting a little tedious now you cannot compare x y and z because they are different structures and it's plainly pointless exercise and nepotism come on unless your a vested interest this country has been continually brought down its defiantly not what you know it's clearly who you know .

Yeah I'd agree it's tedious. The summary of your argument: Everyone's against single mothers because we're all misogynists. We can't get jobs because of nepotism and 'vested interests'. Get off the stage FFS. :rolleyes:

token101 wrote: »
    Seriously this is getting a little tedious now you cannot compare x y and z because they are different structures and it's plainly pointless exercise and nepotism come on unless your a vested interest this country has been continually brought down its defiantly not what you know it's clearly who you know .

Yeah I'd agree it's tedious. The summary of your argument: Everyone's against single mothers because we're all misogynists. We can't get jobs because of nepotism and 'vested interests'. Get off the stage FFS. :rolleyes:
    This personal attack is quite funny have you been wondering what to come up with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

You're joking, right? Right?

Millicent wrote: »

:confused: No sure how, are you disagreeing that the consequences are greater for the girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

:confused: No sure how, are you disagreeing that the consequences are greater for the girl?

This part is actually what I object to:
    Shes bears more responsibility than the bloke ... I mean he could be an irresponsible ****

They're both equally responsible. That's kind of how procreation works. :D

To be honest, I'd rather see the absent parent's wages or welfare payments garnished if they are not supporting children they have made and a punishment for non-payment, like revocation of driver's licence/jail as in some U.S. states. Then, I think, single parent allowances could be cut.

• Advertisement

Millicent wrote: »

Time to start sending all good looking girls to the laundries because they are basically corrupting the men folk ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement