Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection very slow, why?

Options
  • 30-01-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I was browsing this board to find any answers, but it looks like I'm the only one who has a problem with eircom slow connection for the past two weeks.
    I'm connected with the yellow cable, didn't change anything in the router from long time, I've checked http://192.168.1.254/ few times (I have
    7168/384 (kbps)) and restarted connection, but it didn't help.
    My main problem is that I can't really download anything from sites like megashares.com or wupload.com. I know that line can be pretty slow when many users are online, but even on 3am it's lagging or just disconnecting my downloads. Connection is dropping from 600kb/sec to 50kb/sec.
    Is there anyone who could help me with that please? What can I do? :confused:
    Basically it's all fine until I wanna download something bigger than 2mb.
    Copied from router page:
    DSL Pass
    ATM Pass
    Ethernet Pass
    PPPoE Pass
    Authentication Pass
    IP Pass

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

roxana wrote: »
    I was browsing this board to find any answers, but it looks like I'm the only one who has a problem with eircom slow connection for the past two weeks.
    I'm connected with the yellow cable, didn't change anything in the router from long time, I've checked http://192.168.1.254/ few times (I have
    My main problem is that I can't really download anything from sites like megashares.com or wupload.com. I know that line can be pretty slow when many users are online, but even on 3am it's lagging or just disconnecting my downloads. Connection is dropping from 600kb/sec to 50kb/sec.
    Copied from router page:
    DSL Pass
    ATM Pass
    Ethernet Pass
    PPPoE Pass
    Authentication Pass
    IP Pass

Thanks in advance!

Hi roxana,

If you PM me with your telephone number I can look into the speeeds you have been getting.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roxana

Thx a bunch, just sent you PM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Are you using free or premium versions of the download sites? The free downloads are usually very slow.

roxana wrote: »
    Copied from router page:
    DSL Pass
    ATM Pass
    Ethernet Pass
    PPPoE Pass
    Authentication Pass
    IP Pass

Thanks in advance!

Hi roxana,

I got your details and sent on an escalation, I will get back to you as soon as I have a response.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭del85

Hi roxana,

If you PM me with your telephone number I can look into the speeeds you have been getting.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, could I ask you to do the same for me? My broadband with eircom has been so slow lately that it's almost unusable.

• Advertisement

del85 wrote: »
    Hi Mark, could I ask you to do the same for me? My broadband with eircom has been so slow lately that it's almost unusable.

Hi del85,

If you PM mw with your telephone number I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement