Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird text from o2

Options
  • 30-01-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Got this text a few mins ago:

update your o2 account to make unlimited free calls to any network, click on this link http://o2verified.com copy and paste to your browser.

the number this came in on was "snip"

Can anyone check this out as it does not seem legit?:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

There are a couple of scam texts going around. Don't click on it unless you know it's legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Oh my god, scam scam scam scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Thanks guys, sort of guessed it was a scamarama, must be getting old!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

Op, you should remove the phone number, there's a sticky in th O2 forum on this, the link leads to a phishing site, you enter your details and the scammers gain access to your webtexts, the number you posted above belongs to an individual who unknowingly did the above and might be unware there number is being used, the O2 reps ask that you pm them with the number to allow them inform the person. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Hi,
    I've been getting this a few times a week for a few weeks now, and I'm not even with O2...clearly scamtastic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

yea o2 always text of their 50202 number, plus o2 dont use a .com web address, they use .ie, .co.uk, and im guessing its the national address for any other country too

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

aoshea83 wrote: »
    Op, you should remove the phone number, there's a sticky in th O2 forum on this, the link leads to a phishing site, you enter your details and the scammers gain access to your webtexts, the number you posted above belongs to an individual who unknowingly did the above and might be unware there number is being used, the O2 reps ask that you pm them with the number to allow them inform the person. :)

Number removed and I'll pop it on to the guys in O2, thanks!

Advertisement