Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

butcher to get a shoulder of pork on the bone?

Options
  • 30-01-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi can anyone recommend a butcher in north dublin (preferably) to get a "hand"(think its called a shoulder) of pork on the bone ? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you give any butcher that doesn't stock them a little notice they should be able to sort you out. I used to get pork shoulders in Troys butchers on Moore St a lot (down at the Parnell St. end, opp Lidl) but recently moved away from there. My new local butcher was a little surprised to be asked for one, said there was basically zero demand, but he hauled out half a piggy for me & sorted me out with one on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

FX Buckey's on Moore St normally have them, €4.99 apiece if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bert n ernie

Thanks for the replies all. will go have a wander around moore street. I see some lovely pulled pork baps in my future yummy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Askim

A hand of pork is the bottom 1/2 of the front leg on a pig, 6 of them coming back to me tomorrow.:)

try just roasting a whole shoulder or hand on the bone, takes at least 3 hours, hard to carve, but really lovely, much better than leg anyday

A

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Excellent was just looking for this information to make pulled pork too, Got two pork hocks in a butchers today (€3.50 and it did the job but would like to try a pork shoulder. Can always rely on you boardies ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement