Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog knocked down near delgany golf club

Options
  • 30-01-2012 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Around 7.30pm tonight....
    There was a German sherpard knocked down just after the slip road from n11, I stopped to help, she was pretty bad, back legs not working, lots of blood etc :(
    owner came along, we called ucd vet clinic , we all helped get her into the car, owner took her up to ucd.... Can't stop thinking about the poor dog.... Anyone else know if she's ok? A long shot I know but I can't sleep thinking about her ;(
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

cocker5 wrote: »
    Guys,
    Around 7.30pm tonight....
    There was a German sherpard knocked down just after the slip road from n11, I stopped to help, she was pretty bad, back legs not working, lots of blood etc :(
    owner came along, we called ucd vet clinic , we all helped get her into the car, owner took her up to ucd.... Can't stop thinking about the poor dog.... Anyone else know if she's ok? A long shot I know but I can't sleep thinking about her ;(
    Thanks

Fair play to you firstly.
    Why don't you try calling the clinic again ?
    Let us know how you get on !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    Fair play to you firstly.
    Why don't you try calling the clinic again ?
    Let us know how you get on !

god i would always stop... the poor dog... all i could think of this could be my fella...

good idea.. will call UCD vet clinic today and see...dogs name was "shelia" i think... thats what her owner was calling her (he was very distraught)... ill check and let you know... she's a beautiful dog... i hope shes ok... will let you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

ok... so i call USD vet clinic... so they couldnt tell me if shes alive or dead as the clinic at night is different from the day time one... fair enough..

So i called the owners vet (he mentioned him last night and ive used him before for my own dog)... so called him, explained who i was etc...while he cant give me exact details "patient confidentaility etc" which is fair enough ....he told me at 8am this morning the owner called, the dog was alive still in UCD, getting some work done... vet explained that if the dog was still alive the next day its usually a good sign and hopefully she will recover etc..

Phew.... hopefully she's ok and make a full recovery :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

cocker5 wrote: »
    ok... so i call USD vet clinic... so they couldnt tell me if shes alive or dead as the clinic at night is different from the day time one... fair enough..

So i called the owners vet (he mentioned him last night and ive used him before for my own dog)... so called him, explained who i was etc...while he cant give me exact details "patient confidentaility etc" which is fair enough ....he told me at 8am this morning the owner called, the dog was alive still in UCD, getting some work done... vet explained that if the dog was still alive the next day its usually a good sign and hopefully she will recover etc..

Phew.... hopefully she's ok and make a full recovery :D

YIPPEEEEEEEE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

I passed by when this happened it was very sad to see, there was a 2nd dog that was standing in the middle of the road as if it was looking for help. I flashed lights at on coming traffic in the hope the other dog wouldnt get a belt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement