Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with a virus - "tasksvc.eve unable to locate component"

• 31-01-2012 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Pc was working grand up until last week. It started to go crazy so I reformatted. It didnt help. Reformated again. Still the same :(

I keep getting "tasksvc.eve - unable to locate component" popping up ... My norton anti-virus alerted me that some 'W32 SpyRat' was found on the system today as well.

Its really getting annoying. I tried scanning my pc using norton. But nothing.
    Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 boghopper

Its a bit weird that you still have the virus after a format and reinstall. Are you restoring a backup that you have made before you formatted your drive as it might be the case that you are recopying the infected file back across. Have you tried running malwarebytes as from what i have read "w32 Spyrat" is a piece of malware check this link on bleeping computer. It might help you out.
    "http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/server.exe-25412.html"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

What do you mean when you say you reformatted it ?
    Are you formatting a partition or a complete drive ?

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Best thing to do is Zero your Hard Drive,,

When you delete items from your computer its still sorted in the Hard Drive so by you rolling back the Virus is after sticking its self to your backup.

By Zeroing your Hard Drive it is Clean the whole Hard Drive every inch of Data is Wipe not just ReWriting over it by installing a Clean version of Windows Virus are getting Smarter they can now attack unpartition parts of the Drive..

Advertisement