Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TVR 350i

• 31-01-2012 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Just searching donedeal as you do at midnight, and came across this! Am I mad for thinking that this is cool!? I'd imagine they are hard for parts and labour as i haven't see many(maybe any) about, nor have I ever seen a post with them mentioned.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2766995

I really want one, being holding out on a classic for a long time, last looked at a merc sl but my budget has being reduced so I'm more mini/mgb now. still searching for right one :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Very cool in some sort of British drunkly put together way (while on strike). The cheapest Trevor you'll ever buy :D

Not my cup of tea though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

ha, had no idea they were so bad, still I do like the look of them but that's just me being weird. mgb seems to be the way forward in the 'under 3k' price bracket.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Some of the other TVR models are so beautiful, I can't bring myself to like the wedge. (I really, really want a 3000S!)

They are kinda cool looking in a "what the hell is that?" way. :)
    This one isn't helped by the colour and all the plastic.

You realise you'll be paying €1,683 pa in motor tax until 2014, right?

ALSO - just noticed the UK plates. You'd need to VRT this too, which will be at the very least €720.

Not so cheap now, eh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Money pit...

Buy an MX5 and have fun!

MGB is great but check for rust everywhere... plus most have never had the maintenance they really need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Ugly plastic car! There seems to be a discoloration between the door and wing. Were these models fibreglass like the later ones? TBH I'd prefer to have the 968 the lights came from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

Very popular in the UK.
    Tuned Rover v8,glorious sound.
    Had a reputation for bits falling off.
    Btw,you dont see a lot of things in Ireland and its not always because we know better:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I went to buy a Tuscan once - the test drive scarred the living be-jaysus out of me !
    Sorry - back on topic I think that would be massive amount of fun.
    It's not something that's particularly well built but should be simple enough to keep you busy tinkering with it.

I remember someone said before that TVR's were assembled by TVR in Blackpool, dismantled by themselves in your driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

thanks guys, yep, was just wondering about it, i thought it might be fa fun machine. However will be sticking to more popular cars when I'm buying, just for parts handiness sake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

Hmm ...

GRP bodywork so need to worry about rust. That's good. Ford or Rover engines, so parts not a problem. Also good.

Presumably this sits on a steel chassis of some sort, and I think given that it's a UK car that might be a worry, along with things like brakes, brake lines and so on.

I always liked the look of these ... along with the Reliant SS1 ... angular does it for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

ahal wrote: »
    . along with the Reliant SS1 ... angular does it for me :)

They are probably a bargain right now and dissappearing quickly of the roads.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

si_guru wrote: »
    They are probably a bargain right now and dissappearing quickly of the roads.

+1

Way under - appreciated imo. I think William Towns had something to do with the Reliant ... I love his other creation too, the Aston Martin Lagonda :)

Advertisement