Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay Electronica

• 31-01-2012 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Is anyone still anticipating his album?

have to admit i no longer have an interest, whats the hold up, its taking him far too long?
    plus that benzino video hes in some how makes his whole act seem manufactured to me.

will probably drop a classic, hope he does, but for god sake hurry up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Heaven't heard anything from him in a long, long time. I heard last year that his album 'will not be coming anytime soon' or something to that effect. Hope it's not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

the fact that everything seems so guarded doesnt help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I thought I heard that his album was completed. I dunno really thought tbh. He seems to me to be the laziest MC in the game at the moment. Just has no drive about him to get the album out. By the time it drops no one will give a **** about him. Pity really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Same as prettyboy literally havnt heard anything for ages, I'm on the phone but his last track was called modern warfare 3 ft mobb deep I think a few months ago since then it's been all quiet again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That Call of Duty song was back in October. Just hit up the Wikipedia page for Jay, one of the more interesting items is
    Erykah Badu has questioned whether he ever will release, in her words, "actual albums"

I also didnt know him and Erykah had a child together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Electronica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Did he ever even release the full video for exhibit c?
    I remember there was a teaser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Did he ever even release the full video for exhibit c?
    I remember there was a teaser.

That would be too much work for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Some rappers release 12 mixtapes in a year. Some take 5 years between releases. Each to their own. Look at how long it took RA The Rugged Man, Percee P etc. to release debuts.

He's essentially got a good album out already so you can't exactly call him lazy.

Advertisement