Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will property economics drop in points again?

Options
  • 31-01-2012 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey,
    Im hoping to do property economics next year. The points are quite low at the moment but im wondering if you think they could drop even lower as I am a bit of a waster and need all the help I can get. Also I can't draw for **** and hope that's not an integral part of the course. Any info about the course you would like to share would be appreciated also.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Hey,
    Im hoping to do property economics next year. The points are quite low at the moment but im wondering if you think they could drop even lower as I am a bit of a waster and need all the help I can get. Also I can't draw for **** and hope that's not an integral part of the course. Any info about the course you would like to share would be appreciated also.
    Thanks

Ok first things firsts nobody knows how the points in any course will fair come August. If I was betting man, I would say that the points this year will remain in or around the 320 mark.

Now if you feel that 320 is a bit beyond your reach, have you looked at DT104-Auctioneering, Valuation and Estate Agency. (Level 7). Was around the 240 mark. It is broadly similiar to Property Economics however there is more of emphasis on the residential aspect. There is also the opportunity at the end of the degree to go into year 3 or 4 of Property Economics depending on your marks.

Information link: http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/programmes/auctioneeringvaluationestateagencydt104/

Prospectus link: http://dit.ie/media/prospectus20112012/Eng&BuiltEnviron_sm.pdf
    Cian A wrote: »
    Yes the points will almost definitely drop seeing as there is next to no demand in property. You won't need to draw, it's an economics course.
    Dodman

I love it when someone comes on here and clealrly hasnt a clue about the course.

In reply to the OP's question about drawing, there is a drawing element to both Property Economics and Auctioneering, Valuation and Estate Agency. However like you I was brutal at drawing but I passed it comfortably. Don't worry if your not the best, the lectuers are sound and will give hints and tips on how to improve. Just be prepared to work that little more on your drawings so they look ok.

Any questions you have about either course, drop us a line. If I can't help you Ill try and point you in the right direction to someone who can.

Richard

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Less of the all bold text please.

The purpose of bold is to emphasise. When used on a whole post it looses its meaning!

Apologies was trying to difference my answers from the questions asked. Didnt realise that the quotes came me in those boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mister Bates

Thank you richard, I appreciate the advice. I have another question in terms of the social aspect of college life in DIT. You see I have cringy mates like cian aherne here who i wud love to avoid when finished school. So how long does it usually take on average to make new mates in a fine institution like DIT and wats the paurty scene like?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Apologies was trying to difference my answers from the questions asked. Didnt realise that the quotes came me in those boxes!

s'all good!

• Advertisement

Thank you richard, I appreciate the advice. I have another question in terms of the social aspect of college life in DIT. You see I have cringy mates like cian aherne here who i wud love to avoid when finished school. So how long does it usually take on average to make new mates in a fine institution like DIT and wats the paurty scene like?

I can't tell you exactly how long it will take to make new mates but if you get involved with societies, even go for class rep you'll make mates no bother.

College is what you make of it, the same goes for parties. The students union do put on regular nights in various night clubs so see what on and get some of your classmates/mates or cian aherne to go!

:)

Advertisement