Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info Wanted Old Spring Powered Air Rifle

Options
  • 31-01-2012 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all.

Milbro Foreign 708 spring powered air rifle.

Just wondering deos anbody know where you could get replacement parts for it or where to get it tuned up.
    It has very little power when fired. I opened it up & found the spring looking very tired & the piston washer damaged.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

trevally wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Milbro Foreign 708 spring powered air rifle.
    ;)

trevally,
    I have never heard of them, but a quick google search indicates that they share a common lineage with Diana air rifles, of which I have a few.

I would email Diana-RWS to see if they have any ideas.

If they share parts, your bits and pieces could be easier to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Millard Brothers could be worth a ring:

http://www.milbrosport.com/Contact-Us.html

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

try google for airgun spares uk,,many dealers there who do parts for old and obscure airguns,, is it old enough to be worth money to collectors??

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭trevally

FISMA wrote: »
    trevally,
    I have never heard of them, but a quick google search indicates that they share a common lineage with Diana air rifles, of which I have a few.

I would email Diana-RWS to see if they have any ideas.

If they share parts, your bits and pieces could be easier to find.

Thanks I had a look at their site they are similar alright, sent them an email :)
    civdef wrote: »
    Millard Brothers could be worth a ring:

http://www.milbrosport.com/Contact-Us.html
    Thanks I tried these guys but different company altogether & no connection :(
    daveob007 wrote: »
    try google for airgun spares uk,,many dealers there who do parts for old and obscure airguns,, is it old enough to be worth money to collectors??
    I think its pre 1930's. I'll try that firm you mention, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Milbro were the company who bought the Diana machinery and name after the war. The factory were located in scotland and most air guns bought in Ireland in the 60s/70s would have come from them.Diana have recovered their name and now make very good airguns in Germany.
    Try www.chambers.co.uk who have a comprehensive stock. Air rifle springs are however ten a penny on ebay.

• Advertisement

try this crowd
    Air Gunner / Airgun World
    3 The Courtyard
    Denmark Street
    Wokingham
    RG40 2AZ
    Telephone: 0118 977 1677

these guys have experts on hand for any airgun info,i found some parts for an old relum tornado many years ago form these guys.
    also http://www.airgunshooting.co.uk/contact post some pics of yours.would be interested in seeing it. remember the uk is a licence free zone for airguns so there will be many collectors/experts to help you,just keep looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

or google 'manchester airguns' what those lads don't know isn't worth knowing they have been in business for 40 odd years and are nice helpfull blokes
    it wouldn't surprise me if they had parts for your rifle in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:D Apologies, the link I gave above is incorrect, it should be www.gunspares.co.uk. The actual company is TW Chambers ltd.
    I had a look in the airgun bible 'Air rifles' by Dennis Hillier and there is a short description of your rifle. it looks like it was made in Germany just after the war and brought back to the UK for sale. Its based on an older pre-war BSA design.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭trevally

Thanks for replies. Very helpful.
    Its stripped for repairs at the mo. Will post a pic or 2 when its back together. :D

trevally wrote: »
    Thanks for replies. Very helpful.
    Its stripped for repairs at the mo. Will post a pic or 2 when its back together. :D
    let us know how you get on,,would love to collect them myself but the stupid laws here make it too much hassle..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

If you get stuck, please PM me with details of what you need. A fellow shooter in my club is the managing editor of 'Airgun World' magazine here in yUK and a well-known collector of vintage airguns of all kinds.

tac

Advertisement