Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal against a ban

Options
  • 31-01-2012 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

I would like to lodge a complaint in relation to mod muffler.As my knowledge and experience out beat his and he decided to ban myself for having this privilage.

170sq ft is approx 15.8 sq mts

I originally stated that an op did not need planning as long as his extension is less than 40 sq mtrs and not higher than the house...(this is correct)

It was then stated .you can not have a first floor extesion of 170 sq ft. (by the mod)

Which I replied. A semi detatched property can not exceed 40 sq mtrs of a single floor extension and if above floor level it would be 28 sq mtrs ground floor and 12 sq mtrs sq for the first floor. This is a combined total not exceeding 40 sq mtrs.The ground floor still at 170 sq ft is within the building limits . (again this is correct)

It was suggested that this is ridiculous. (by the mod)

Now you read the post and see whos ridiculous.I never suggested top floor 170 sq ft. I suggested the extension can not exceed 40 sq ft. I accept his appology in advance of his offering as I do not hold grudges.

I would appreciate a response at your earliest convenience to mitigate this situation.

I apprecaite you taking time out to deal with this issue and look forward to your reply.......Kind Regards Marcanthony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Tbh, Marcanthony, reading your post above and the relevant thread I am reminded of an oft-quoted saw from a profession closely linked to the construction industry, that of estate agents.

They constantly repeat "location, location, location!"

I found myself muttering "attitude, attitude, attitude!"

To my mind, your initial post on that thread ...
    You will not need planning for that extension once its not more than 40 square metres and is not higher than the house.
    ... is misleading.

It's broad, and it leaves out a fair bit of relevant information which is highlighted further down the thread, and some even mentioned in your post above. YOU may know exactly what you meant, but it is very unlikely that the OP of the thread would, or they wouldn't have been asking in the first place. In fact, the OP had stressed that they were "completely clueless".

Surely then a professional, if he chose to take the time to respond at all, would do so comprehensively?

Others came in to try to fill out the picture; you don't seem to have reacted well to that, or to having your first, and I would agree misleading, post dissected or questioned.

That's one problem.

Then we have these posts, or more accurately quotes from your posts (note that some have since been deleted) ...
    If you need any advice Pm myself and ill guide/advice you through the process.
    A qualified (project manager) working in this field. this would be a formality.The way I work is I project manage the job for the client.For example I discuss with the client his requirements.I then use my own trusted and tried and reasonably priced architect and a qs that provide the drawings and the scope of works with costings. We liase toghter with the client to bring the cost of the project within the clients budget. I then provide my own Insurance and supervision as well as coorrdinate the different trades to complete the project to meet the necessary standards .....this way you have someone working on yourbehalf with your best intrests at stake.
    You will not need planning for that extension once its not more than 40 square metres and is not higher than the house.I would employ an enginneer to do drawings and either put it out to tender or self build. If you need any advice Pm myself and ill guide/advice you through the process..

I see other similar posts in other threads, e.g.
    I contract a polish architect. he charges me for design and plans in 3d colour and includeds 4 copies is betwen a 1k and 1.5k.If you want his contact number pm myself. I use him on a regular basis for clients I project manage for.I have had no problems with him to date and always available to advice and assist through the planning application.Also use his qs friend for scope and costings and also reasonably priced and provides a good service.

This is the relevant bit of the C&P charter:

4. 0 Advertising – Don’t !

4.2 The forum shall not be used by anyone for the purpose of personal gain by advertising their services directly/indirectly or referring to same in their posts.
    The C&P mods feel that you have been in breach of this several times. I agree.

I am upholding this ban.

I would further suggest that when your ban is up, should you choose to engage in the C&P forum, you do so without constantly advising people to PM you for your advice, guidance and contacts, and in a more constructive manner (if you will excuse the pun).

You may ofc choose to ask that an Admin review this matter if you so wish.

Advertisement