Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying 4S in Apple Store

• 31-01-2012 2:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm going to Liverpool next week and I am going to purchase a 4s Sim Free from the Apple Store in Liverpool ONE.

Is there anything I should know?

Can you pay by cash? I think I remember someone saying you had to have an English card?

Can you pay by Laser card? Just want to know if I should get money from an ATM first. It would be easier to pay by laser.

Thanks in Advance!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

As far as I'm aware, if your Laser card has the Maestro symbol, you should be able to use it virtually anywhere. I used mine in shops in London a few months ago with no problems.

I got my sim-free 4S from the online Apple shop during the week and I'm absolutely loving it :D Hope you enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

As far as I'm aware, if your Laser card has the Maestro symbol, you should be able to use it virtually anywhere. I used mine in shops in London a few months ago with no problems.

I got my sim-free 4S from the online Apple shop during the week and I'm absolutely loving it :D Hope you enjoy!

Cool! Thanks for the reply! How long did it take to arrive if you don't mind me asking?

jenno86 wrote: »
    Cool! Thanks for the reply! How long did it take to arrive if you don't mind me asking?

No problem! I ordered online very late on Thursday 19th January, it was shipped Monday 23rd and at my door Tuesday 24th. The estimated delivery date was Monday 30th so I was very pleased! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Hmmm

Will I order it online? I wonder would I get it by the weekend?

Want it for when I'm over in Liverpool.

I suppose you could do the maths and see what's going to work out cheaper - remember the online price is ex-VAT, so you'll need to take that into account along with the exchange rate.
    If you need it for Liverpool, maybe waiting to buy it there would be safer - at least you'd be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

I suppose you could do the maths and see what's going to work out cheaper - remember the online price is ex-VAT, so you'll need to take that into account along with the exchange rate.
    If you need it for Liverpool, maybe waiting to buy it there would be safer - at least you'd be sure.

Your wrong about the price apple.ie have to quote full price including vat from the start. Its only the states that the price shown is excluding sales tax until you go to purchase item at the very end of transaction.

Beg your pardon - I got a student discount on my iPhone so I must have got my figures mixed up. Thanks for clarifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Beg your pardon - I got a student discount on my iPhone so I must have got my figures mixed up. Thanks for clarifying!
    Student Discount on the apple store was it?

That's right, I clicked "Education Store" on http://store.apple.com/ie. Not sure if there was discount, it may have just been on the warranty?

EDIT: On closer inspection, I think I'm wrong again - education discount is only on computers. Don't mind me, I'm talking nonsense today! Sorry :o

Advertisement