Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preschoolers to teens

Options
  • 31-01-2012 6:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

:p So Hi,

Okay very, very, very lost. Found the teens thread, my child is far too young for that one & then found the newborns & toddlers my child is too old for this one... I just can't seem to find the right thread despite my efforts. So I'm creating a new one, in the hopes people will drop by :P

I'm a mum of a 4 year old girl. Yup just the one. Don't want to freak you out. But, (she dives in) I'm a mum with a "special needs" kid. She's lovely and it sound worst than it is & I would go into detail. Just hoping to start a new thread here :)

Now the big one! I'm in Oz. I have searched, rummaged but couldn't find a forum like this anywhere in my own country. (Disgraceful, but there you have it). After much searching, I found this & well something is better than nothing right? So after months, of trying to find something more appropriate or closer to home. I write to you the lucky reader. (Hopefully you will add in your stories too)

I was worried that my plea my go unnoticed. You see I did try a couple of the forums I found in Oz with special needs/preschoolers but, mine was the only thread for preschoolers. No one was writing, grrrr .:confused::mad::cool: Then noticed that site & hoping people will join in on this new thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hiya :)

There's an introduce yourself thread somewhere that I'm going to dig up because there's so many new posters about... but welcome to boards! Hope you have a great time here.

January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Leztanelly

Thanks January, 4 that unepected quick response...

An intro poster would b lovely :)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I found it easier to find communities of parents with kids who have special needs on live journal then anywhere else. They tend to be closed to you have to have an account and then join each one but the help support and understanding I found to be amazing. http://aspecialparent.livejournal.com/profile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Think your thread is a great idea, should actually by a sub forum imho.
    Have 2 pre-schoolers and a baby so there are lots of challenges ;-)

Hmmm a sub forum, sounds great. Just 1 prob, being new here, I'm not sure how...

Thanx the pm's and help, been looking into to those :) thanx again

Now back to that sub forum... How do I create that, or is that a just a thread... Sorry really sleep deprived & having blonde moment

• Advertisement

Just a point of curiosity here, a comparison of one health system verses another.

If you needed to get a physio/ OT/ speech path, hearing test done how hard would it be Ireland... Because I got to say our health system is not only completely flawed by vile & altogether a diabolical maze that not Columbus would attempt to navigate.

Parents head waarning if you ever need these items. Don't come to Oz, we have them, they r great. If you can find them, & the waiting list once you discover there where abouts... Well let's just say by the time you have the speech therapist your child is so far behind that they need intervention in something else too.

I don't wish upon this kind of pain, anguish on any parent, care giver, family, step parent. He'll if I had a worst enemy I wouldn't wish this upon them. For those of you with me, know as lonely & frustrating this path is. I promise u you're not alone, & there is and end in sight... It's worth every tear, every doctor/nurse/ administrator you may yell at!

January wrote: »
    Hiya :)

There's an introduce yourself thread somewhere that I'm going to dig up because there's so many new posters about... but welcome to boards! Hope you have a great time here.

January

Hi January, I have done some rummaging of my own. I am yet to succeed. Thanks for the welcome. I'm a little worried though I must confess that I may not belong here. A few have been so kind to send me some links.

I'm yet to figure out the kinks, & this forum so far has been the most user friendly. Do u think maybe u could help in directing me to an intro poster, if you think i may be a compitable mix that is. :):):) That would be superb

Lesley :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I will find it and bump it for you:)

Advertisement