Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

600 for this. Worth it?

Options
  • 31-01-2012 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Just looking for a quick idea of value. I've been offered the following for 600euro:

INTEL Core i5 2400 3,1 GHz x 4 (Turbo Boost 4x 3,26 GHz)
    mother board: asus p8H-61 m series 2xusb 3.0
    HDD: 1000 GB S-ATA 2
    ram: 8GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz DUAL CHANEL (2X4GB)
    graphics: ATI RADEON HD 6950 2GB DDR5
    newest standards DirectX 11 i OpenGl EyeFinity
    RJ-45 ethernet 10/100 mbpsintegrated
    HIGH DEFINITION 7.1 CHANNEL integrated

Is it worth it or could i build better myself for the same money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am at work, so I can't put together something for 600eu.

On the other hand for 600eu it is a not bad build. What psu does it have? Beats dell stuff for same money :D

How old is the build though? If it is second hand one I think you could drop it to 550eu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Do you have a link for the PC?

Which case and psu comes with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Buit-in stainless steel oven?

Edit: Ah, it's been sold, never mind. (How on earth is an oven similar to a desktop?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Sorry bout that.correct link above now.

No, it's not worth it . you can build a better PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

No, it's not worth it . you can build a better PC.
    What is wrong/right wit it? Adding up the components on the german site(name escapes me),it seems like good value as its cheaper than the sum of the components. I must be missing something. Advice is much appreciated.

First, he wants 750 for it. It looks like he built it to sell on Adverts.ie So, I don't see him coming down on the price to 600. For me, I'd think the case is ugly and you can't overclock this build. The card is good though, but what PSU does it come with. And what's with the
    one year warranty? No window 7 as well. In the end you would be better building your own

I can't see the add as hyperlink is broken.

600 for such build us not bad. If you don't want t go to all the hassle and time to build it, then 600 would be okish.

750.... He can go fudge himself.

Yes, it's not system for ocing, but it is a budget 600eu build.

2500k 190eu
    Mobo for ocing 100eu ( nicer )
    Decent cooler for ocing 30eu
    6950 250eu
    Ram 40eu
    Hdd 100eu
    Case 50eu
    Psu 60eu
    Delevery 30eu

These are very rough nbers as I am doing it from phone and can't use script.

So system to be oced will be around 750-800eu . This is bog standart built too.

So 600eu for that build does not look like so dramatically overpriced. 750 for is way overpriced though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Item|Price
    Total build cost: €674.87 + €30 shipping
    Intel Core i5-2400 Box, LGA1155|€169.49
    ASRock H61M-HVS (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX|€42.83
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€33.65
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ)|€99.90
    NZXT SOURCE 210 Midi-Tower - black, ATX, ohne Netzteil|€30.49
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€40.87
    LG GH22NS50/70/90 bare schwarz|€16.78
    Sapphire HD 6950 Dirt3, 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express|€240.86

700 for everything brand new. Knock 20% off for 2nd hand, so I'd look for 550. 600 is borderline, worth it if you don't want the hassle of building your own. Its a balanced build and will last you a while. I would check out what PSU is in it though. I saw a build recently that had an Alpine 750W in it, worth about €5 :P

Plus with deconduo's build you'll get a 2 year warranty from hardwareversand then added to that you will get the manufacturer's warranty with your receipts and registered products. Add 30 euro to it and they will build it for you.

What did you need the PC for BTW? You could go for a cheaper GPU to get the price down to nearer 600.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Agree that the computer was made for sale (on adverts). Big thing I'd have against it is that you can't overclock, at some point you mIght wanna try it and get an extra GHz from your CPU instead of upgrading components. I doubt this seller would go below 700. I'd consider getting a custom build with boardsies and hwvs and spending an extra 20 having them build it.

In any case check if the ad cOmes with a psu or operating system etc

Advertisement