Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to apply for a Nursing degree (mature)

Options
  • 31-01-2012 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hello all,
    Could anybody explain to me how to go about applying for a Nursing degree, as a mature student. I'm in the process of filling in CAO form online, and the instructions are saying not to fill in the boxes such as Employment History, Educational History, Previous Courses, Personal Statement etc.
    In this case is it necessary to forward a C.V or personal statement at this time or will this information be obtained as part of the testing procedure in April? Or do I have to contact the HEIs individualy with a C.V and cover letter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

bhamsteve wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Could anybody explain to me how to go about applying for a Nursing degree, as a mature student. I'm in the process of filling in CAO form online, and the instructions are saying not to fill in the boxes such as Employment History, Educational History, Previous Courses, Personal Statement etc.
    In this case is it necessary to forward a C.V or personal statement at this time or will this information be obtained as part of the testing procedure in April? Or do I have to contact the HEIs individualy with a C.V and cover letter?

This year Mature Nursing students don't have to fill out a personal statement section for their application so if you are only applying for mature nursing then just fill out the sections the application form is indicating. You will get an email in or around the 9th of March with details of the written assessment which will take place this year on the 14th April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Thanks for your speedy reply, I`d booked today off work to do the statement and update my CV.

Just to clarify, does this mean that the only methods of assesment are the 4 tests carried out by the PAS-
    Skills/Experiences Questionnaire
    Verbal Test
    Numerical Test
    Job Simulation Exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

bhamsteve wrote: »
    Thanks for your speedy reply, I`d booked today off work to do the statement and update my CV.

Just to clarify, does this mean that the only methods of assesment are the 4 tests carried out by the PAS-
    Skills/Experiences Questionnaire
    Verbal Test
    Numerical Test
    Job Simulation Exercise

Yes. It's just the 4 tests. :)
    Up to last year I think there was a personal statement requirement but no longer.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Thanks again, that's great news.
    Good day to you

Advertisement