Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 broadband remote access problems

Options
  • 31-01-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi Guys - hoping someone can help me with this!!
    I have installed a dvr on several client sites with remote access over the 3 mobile broadband network. On all sites I have a verified upload speed of better than 0.6Mb/s. Dynamic addressing is tracked using Dyndns and works very well. Remote access via browser on port 80 or on proprietry s/w on various ports are also quite good. Access on smartphones via various apps also works well depending on strength of 3g/HSDPA signal over vod or o2 network HOWEVER access to the dvr from a smartphone on the 3 network will not work. And just to dirty the waters when the 3 smartphone is linked to a LAN then access is perfect. It seems to me that the traffic from the dvr is being throttled or limited in some way over the 3 network.i have tried to get some movement on this from 3 tech support but no matter what approach I take the answer is always the same " We do no support or recognise this problem!!"

Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement