Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Game name?

Options
  • 31-01-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

There was an independent multiplayer zombie game being written a while back. It was pretty poor graphics with a sort of a "to the side - top down" camera view. It was still in development about a year ago, but looked pretty promising with its free run type play and the possibility of multiplayer.

Can anyone remember what it was called? I want to look it up to see its progress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/ ?

They had their computers stolen a while back which slowed things down but its still going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Dead State?

http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/media/

It's probably not that one, but I remember seeing this in my feeds AGES ago. The graphics style was like the sims (same viewpoint too) and it had a dude walking down a street blasting zombies with a shotgun. Agh! Wish I could remember what it was called!

EDIT: Cheers Ciaran500 that was the one I was on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

sounds like pz.

i signed up way back when, and can say its a good game, though i only ever played it early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its Project Zomboid. Thanks for that. Ill keep an eye on that, I am looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Whoawhoawhoa, you can download it? Is it like Minecraft? as in its released as a public alpha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

No, you still pay for the alpha access. The Desura site has the details and a few other games that are worth a look (several free, and others which are pay for preview play).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

there is a free demo which has alot of the old functionality and so on in it.

There currently is no save/load functionality, but then again, for a game which is about surviving for as long as possible, thats not too important.

the Alhpa was about 5 quid when i signed up, and for that amount of money, its been fine.

i actually updated to the latest alpha last night, and played for about half an hour. theres a few new features that i like, i have to admit. its still got a ways to go before its finished though, but the sight of other npcs running around is pretty cool.

zomboidsurvivor.png

Advertisement