Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if I ever win the lotto

Options
  • 31-01-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I would like to go on a surfing holiday, somewhere warm, nice clean waves, with very few other surfers so hassle to get waves. I went ona surfing holiday before (present from the wife), to Lanzerotti, and where the good waves were, the locals were not welcoming, and where the beach break was, the surf was pretty rubbish, small, onshore wind, I would have been better (much better) surfing in Lehinch.....
    so getting to the point, is there anywhere offering surfing holidays, that has a good reliable break, and that does have loads of surfers?
    I was wandering are there any surfing holidays where you stay on a boat close to a break where nobody else surfs for example?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Boat trips in the southern Maldives or some remote indo islands:D

Did two Maldives ones and long to go back, last one was spent with three other surfers, for three weeks with overhead glass every day

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

banjobongo wrote: »
    I would like to go on a surfing holiday, somewhere warm, nice clean waves, with very few other surfers so hassle to get waves. I went ona surfing holiday before (present from the wife), to Lanzerotti, and where the good waves were, the locals were not welcoming, and where the beach break was, the surf was pretty rubbish, small, onshore wind, I would have been better (much better) surfing in Lehinch.....
    so getting to the point, is there anywhere offering surfing holidays, that has a good reliable break, and that does have loads of surfers?
    I was wandering are there any surfing holidays where you stay on a boat close to a break where nobody else surfs for example?
    How experienced are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

hi Decos,
    now? - not so much....
    when I was yyounger, I surfed a lot. Now with 4 kids, hardly at all. If you are asking me can I surf, yes, I can, not great, but can catch a wave, know how to behave etc, I woudl rate myself as an intermediate.
    In my dream holiday (sorry, WHEN I win the lotto!) I dont want steep 10ft waves, thats too much for me now, I would LOVE glassy 3 - 4 ft waves...mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Try http://www.surfholidays.com/

Irish owned company that organises surfing trips. You have to sort out your own flights and transfers but they will organise all the surfing related stuff for you and have great local knowledge. I used them last year for my trip to Portugal and had a blast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CTSURFER

Surfing holidays in Lanzarote - I found this and there is a deal to take your partner for free!

http://www.errantsurf.com/special_offers/Take%20Your%20Partner%20To%20Lanzarote%20For%20Free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Zygnoth

San sebastian/Donostia in Spain/Basque is a good spot. Close to Bilbao if the swell is flat. Beach with rental in the middle of the city. Excellent food and drink. Biarritz only a bus journey away. Lots of surfers so little hassle. I'm sure there's lots of spots around there (like Mundaka) if you get a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Now if I won the lotto

https://www.tropicsurf.net/

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Bungalow in Noosa, van, shed to convert to a studio and proper wooden longboard. But only if I win the lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

I couldn't believe how built up Noosa was, seen Hummers and numerous designer shops on the main walk. Had this silly vision it would be like the 60s lol

Advertisement