Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Router - Connection Issue to Xbox

Options
  • 31-01-2012 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

I hope I have put this thread in the correct forum?

I recently upgraded my Xbox Elite 120GB to the Xbox Slim 250GB.

My internet/broadband connection is Vodafone at Home Broadband which I use with Vodanfone's settings on my original Eircom Netopia Router.

I have successfully been able to connect my new Xbox to Xbox Live and my Xbox can see my PC & vice versa via the Netopia.

However when I use my Vodafone Router instead of the Netopia the Xbox no longer sees my PC. My PC can still see the Xbox, the Xbox can connect to Xbox Live, the PC can connect to the internet & all other wireless devices can connect to the internet through the Vodafone Router.

I would prefer to use the Vodafone router instead of the Netopia as the later has seen better days & I am getting better wireless connectivity on the Vodafone router.

Has anyone here experienced issues connecting their Xbox to their PC with the Vodafone Router.

My PC runs Windows 7 with WMP12 installed & media sharing enabled.

I've attached a PDF of the datasheet for the Vodafone Router for your information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I have the same router and set up essentially. However this is my second router from Vodafone as first one was giving various issues and one of them was ability to get Xbox and my Windows 7 PC connected together (I do use Windows media center - but I can see the PC no problem through either WMC on the Xbox or also in the other areas such as Video/Music etc)

I just rang them and they arranged for a new router to be sent out and I returned the faulty one and it all works fine now. I didn't have to change any settings etc. just worked out of the box

Advertisement