Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six weeks learning and here I am:)

• 31-01-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

After five weeks learning with Google I created dublin adverts site. It's not a professional site but I would like to ask you for suggestions how to improve it. I know SEO is the topic for another thread but maybe you can give me some tips to make this site better visible in google?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Where to start...

"adds4dublin" - Advertisement is shortened to Ads

"Try us and you won't regret" - What won't i regret, TELL ME!

Get rid of the ugly flash animations on the left side, middle, and bottom left, and the image on the right side, one big button or link in the menu is enough!

Header and overall theme doesn't inspire me with confidence to list on your website, looks unprofessional imo.

Terms and condition should be placed in the footer, along with a privacy policy, what do you do with my info???

The help section is lacking, all the help refers to registration.

The login button has the link to the free joomla plugin you used.

Surely there are better free themes for Joomla out there that you could modify to fit the Market plugin?

Empty Categories -you have 33 categories, Start with what you have and broaden as you go.

Slow loading times

More...
    SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

wait a sec...just registered ads4dublin.com !!
    good luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Agree with everything blikes said, the look of the site is very unprofessional and needs a lot of work, also the spelling and grammar is awful, you should ask someone to help you edit every bit of text on the site

Advertisement