Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10month old waking in middle of night!help!

Options
  • 31-01-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Our 10 month old daughter was sleeping through the night since she was 7months old and now suddenly for the last 3 weeks has been waking in the middle of night,we give her last bottle at 8 and she usually goes to sleep after that no problem,we have tried giving her Neurofin in case its her teeth,we tried feeding her and changing nappy and nothing working,sometimes she wakes a few times a night so in the end we end up bringing her into bed with us.
    Has anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Bringing her into the bed??? ..that's your problem right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Ah sometimes bringing a kid into the bed in the middle of the night is the best option if nobody is getting sleep. You would try anything sometimes.

My son went through this phase at that age aswell and it lasted about 3 months. It was his teeth also.
    We would go into him and give him his soother. Give him nurofen or teetha if needed and leave. For five nights he cried for about 15 mins non stop but then got over it and fell asleep. Then it just became a routine of going in to give him his soother. But he soon got over that to.

I hate to say this but sometimes its just another one of those phases.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

sonandheir wrote: »
    Our 10 month old daughter was sleeping through the night since she was 7months old and now suddenly for the last 3 weeks has been waking in the middle of night,we give her last bottle at 8 and she usually goes to sleep after that no problem,we have tried giving her Neurofin in case its her teeth,we tried feeding her and changing nappy and nothing working,sometimes she wakes a few times a night so in the end we end up bringing her into bed with us.
    Has anyone any suggestions?

Hi, i also have this problem with our son, he was great to sleep when youngee but his 13 months now ab for last 3/4 months he has been wakin up alot durin the nite mainly for soother and every night ends up in the bed from bout one o clock he wakes a few times for soother an then for a bottle bout 5am,,, we are just exhausted at this stage,,, so annoyed as so many keep sayin oh he should be sleepin all nite at this stage an not having a bottle during the nite either???? But how do we do this:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Well arent you all the lucky ones my 18mth old had never slept a full night oh correction has slept a full night six times in 18mths :(

he goes to bed at 8pm and loves going to bed loves his bottle loves getting into his pj's and loves going to sleep but he loves to wake up from 1am onwards and believe me I have tried everything at this stage to get him to sleep the night but still no joy

I have kept him up until 9pm so he is wrecked still no sleeping through the night I have tried getting him up at 6am to tired him out still no sleeping through the night and I have cut his napping during the day to one nap for no longer than 1hour and still no sleeping through the night

I have tried feeding him from 5pm onwards so he is full and shouldnt wake up due to hunger nope thats not worked I have tried not letting him have his water bottle after 7pm so he doesnt wake up with a wet nappy and thats not worked

I have tried running around with him all day so that he is exhausted and he still wakes up I had planned to go back to work but that didnt happen as I felt so sick with sleep deprivation that working and minding him are just not going to happen

My sister recommended dozeall but I dont want to drug him and have now resigned myself to looking like **** all the time with spotty skin bags under my eyes and no energy to even try loose the baby weight

I do hope that your little ones are only waking up due to teething and they go back to their routine soon and once there do spare a thought for those of us who have never had more than 4/5hours sleep in one go since august 2010 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

hi edellc, im so sorry to hear your story,,, my heart goes out to you, i can only imagin what your going through so. Someone mention to me to let them cry it out,, like dont answer there cry and to try this for five nights or so and to try not give in, that they will eventually fall asleep,, i dont no if i like the idea of letting them cry so much, but im at the stage where ill try anything at this stage.
    to be honest i cant see it improving for us,, but i will keep positive....
    hope things improve for you too x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

the crying method wont work with my little man as he is a pure pleasure to be around all day laughing, singing, dancing giving you hugs and kisses and when he wakes up at night he is just as described bouncing around his cot calling mamamamamamama at the top of his lungs, then sitting down going bong bong bong as he bounces up and down and then he rattles the cot bars going mental and no crying and then the singing starts gogageea from baby jake over and over and over then peeka peeka peeka (waybuloos) oh it goes on and on so I give him a nappy change and a bottle just to calm him down and we lie down and maybe 2/3 hrs later he falls asleep this ranges from 4am to 6am that he goes asleep depending on what time he woke up at and only then do i get to go back to sleep for a couple of hours before he wakes at 8am to start his hectic day :)

Advertisement