Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sagem phone offer

Options
  • 31-01-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi,

Bit of a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway:

I bought a handset with answer machine for €49.99 just before Christmas as a gift. The amount came off our bill and everything was delivered fine.

I've since discovered that the recipient has not used the phone after trying it out for a day, and it's been sitting in the box ever since. He didn't want to seem ungrateful and hand back the gift, but the quality is poor and he won't use it.

I tried it out myself and while the call quality is fine, the feel of the phone is very cheap / plasticky and the menu systems are very fiddly. Is there any point in me sending it back for a refund at this stage? It's well over the 14 days I'm sure it said somewhere, but I was wondering if you might do anything as a gesture of goodwill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ITDept wrote: »
    Hi,

Bit of a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway:

I bought a handset with answer machine for €49.99 just before Christmas as a gift. The amount came off our bill and everything was delivered fine.

I've since discovered that the recipient has not used the phone after trying it out for a day, and it's been sitting in the box ever since. He didn't want to seem ungrateful and hand back the gift, but the quality is poor and he won't use it.

I tried it out myself and while the call quality is fine, the feel of the phone is very cheap / plasticky and the menu systems are very fiddly. Is there any point in me sending it back for a refund at this stage? It's well over the 14 days I'm sure it said somewhere, but I was wondering if you might do anything as a gesture of goodwill?

Hi ITDept,

I talked to the eircom customer care regarding your query.

They advised that as it has gone well past the change of mind period in which you were free to send it back and receive a refund.

The process and time-frame has to be applicable to all customers, as such we have to hold to the terms and conditions of the purchase I'm afraid.

Sorry I could not come back with a better outcome.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

No worries. Thanks for the reply anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ITDept wrote: »
    No worries. Thanks for the reply anyway.

No problem,

Mark

Advertisement