Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Zune software for Windows Phone

Options
  • 31-01-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine recently got a Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Phone (very nice phone btw) and since his laptop isnt working he asked if he could use mine to transfer music onto the phone. Anyways in order to transfer media to the phone he told me that I'd have to download Zune and install it on my laptop. However since installing Zune my laptop has taken to freezing! Never had any issues with the laptop til now. Any one else experience anything similar? Any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Open your Windows task mamanger, sort by process and see whats eating your CPU usage. Make sure you have "Show processes from all users" tick on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

That's an odd one, is it whilst Zune is still running? The graphics effects can slow things down alright on older computers but you can turn this off by going into Settings => Display and moving the slider all the way to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

It froze and had to be restarted twice last night while trying to transfer music and since then it's just freezing randomly...very frustrating since I never has any issue like this before yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭simi956

I would try this KB Article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929358

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I have it uninstalled for now and laptop seems to be back to normal. Not really sure what was going on. I'd have thought my laptop would be well able for it since it has no problem playing games like New Vegas and Skyrim on medium settings, surely Zune cant be more intensive than the likes of those?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Testament1 wrote: »
    I have it uninstalled for now and laptop seems to be back to normal. Not really sure what was going on. I'd have thought my laptop would be well able for it since it has no problem playing games like New Vegas and Skyrim on medium settings, surely Zune cant be more intensive than the likes of those?!!

Did you check its CPU usage before you uninstalled it?

Advertisement