Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin bus protest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I know of people going because the 84 bus service is essential to them but I, and they, had no idea it is organised by Sinn Fein.

Apparently they are allowing people in to the town council office but with no comments allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

Can see people's annoyance, especially if trying to get to UCD but wouln't attend a Shinner meeting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Ha yeah, not a chance of standing around with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

See no problem with it being organised by Sinn Fein TBO. At least someone bothered their backside to do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Well ye all should of bothered your arses when lucan asked for help with their new bus routes. We were the first to changed and no one outside lucan bothered getting involved or believe us that their routes would be changed.

So hard luck now.

In fairness our service has improved since we met Dublin bus over the last 12 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

If more people used the service they would not be cutting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ashmac

what cuts were they attempting to make?

ashmac wrote: »
    what cuts were they attempting to make?

changing the route to go to blackrock and possibly cuts to 45 route. It's not clear at all because most of it seems to have been vague statements from Sinn Fein.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

changing the route to go to blackrock and possibly cuts to 45 route. It's not clear at all because most of it seems to have been vague statements from Sinn Fein.

I first heard about the changes from Simon Harris, and he discussed the issue on his web site.
    http://www.simonharris.ie/?p=1164

James O'Sullivan was also engaged on the issue.

http://www.jamesosullivan.ie/?p=1443

Alan_P wrote: »
    I first heard about the changes from Simon Harris, and he discussed the issue on his web site.
    http://www.simonharris.ie/?p=1164

James O'Sullivan was also engaged on the issue.

http://www.jamesosullivan.ie/?p=1443

Yes - they are more or less the same as I posted above

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's been some discussion of it on the commuting forum - as the rumours are coming from the drivers themselves it seems safe to assume it is being considered.

SF are describing the plan as "cuts" but the net result could be a more frequent 84 (as it would be merging with the 45) - bad news for UCD students (who would have to change buses) but surely good news for people living in Kilcoole, no? The current 84 is a terrible service IMO.

loyatemu wrote: »
    there's been some discussion of it on the commuting forum - as the rumours are coming from the drivers themselves it seems safe to assume it is being considered.

SF are describing the plan as "cuts" but the net result could be a more frequent 84 (as it would be merging with the 45) - bad news for UCD students (who would have to change buses) but surely good news for people living in Kilcoole, no? The current 84 is a terrible service IMO.

I have no doubt there were changes being considered. The problem is that no-one is fully clear what the proposed changes were.

Terry Pratchet

There's a post in the Wicklow forum about this from wrecker who I am fairly sure is a bus driver

Given that it effects Bray/Greystones and kilcoole - it's probably best to continue the discussion there.

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77054160#post77054160

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement