Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Myrtle Beach 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BBBboy

There is 4 of us girls, heading to Myrtle Beach and looking for people to share accom with.. anyone else in the same boat that would be interested? haven't been to myrtle beach before so we are not too sure whether house or motel?? Which would be best option??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gigsy

two lads looking to share accommodation in Myrtle Beach. The more people the cheaper it is and better craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mahonykid

one a my buddies stayed in one of the motels, he said it was cheap had a pool and all the Irish were living there too so there was a lot of parties and good banter around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BBBboy

mahonykid wrote: »
    one a my buddies stayed in one of the motels, he said it was cheap had a pool and all the Irish were living there too so there was a lot of parties and good banter around the place

Any ideas of what motels? Read a few reviews of some motels, sounded horrible. Would be great to stay where there is other Irish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mahonykid

the Beverly i think, the rainbow court used be the spot where all the Irish went but has since closed down/changed name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 galwaygirl92

Hey, theres 3 of us heading over at the start of june and we're starting to look into accomodation now...we'd be willing to houseshare with a few people, the more the merrier! Just wondering if anyone who's been before knows if we're better off going for a motel (some of them look rotten) or trying to get a house with a few others?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaaboy

Hi guys.. I know quite a few of you have already contacted me regarding Myrtle Beach J1 2013 but if you havent and are thinking of heading there for summer 2013 please contact me at conorkeane@hotmail.com. We intend running the apartment/accommodation block for the Irish students again this year. If interested please let me know when you can so we can have some idea regarding the size of apartments that we will require this year again. Also we will provide you with as much info as we can regarding life in Myrtle Beach,finding work,nightlife etc...Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaaboy

Hi guys.. I know quite a few of you have already contacted me regarding Myrtle Beach J1 2013 but if you havent and are thinking of heading there for summer 2013 please contact me at conorkeane@hotmail.com. We intend running the apartment/accommodation block for the Irish students again this year. If interested please let me know when you can so we can have some idea regarding the size of apartments that we will require this year again. Also we will provide you with as much info as we can regarding life in Myrtle Beach,finding work,nightlife etc...Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sully36

Hi guys,

I am apart of a group of 8 guys going to Myrtle Beach on a J1 this coming summer. I am just wondering if anyone has any contact details for accommodation (preferably a house) or jobs in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niamh93

Hey just wondering did anyone get apartments from Conor Keane last year?? What are they like.. were they central to myrtle beach??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 karkins

lazza_od wrote: »
    Kerrybai!
    Me and 8 other girls were in myrtle beach last summer, best summer ever..we're heading back on 2nd of june this year!
    we're taking same route as last year, flying cork to heathrow, heathrow to jfk, then flying from there to myrtle beach..not booking the internal flight til around march time though cos that'll be with spirit airlines and have to sort out the dollars etc!
    best place ever, unreal beaches, not too many irish but enough to have irish banter all the same.
    GOGOGOGO!

What accomodation did you stay in last year lazza?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JellyBabyTears

Niamh93 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering did anyone get apartments from Conor Keane last year?? What are they like.. were they central to myrtle beach??

We rented from Conor Keane last year and it was an absolute disaster. The man is only out to make money off students. He'll promise lots of things when you send him an email such as he'll pick you up from the airport, help find jobs, give you lifts to buy bikes etc. but he'll do none of this. He told everyone last year he would pick us up from the airport and he only picked up a handful of girls. What he does accommodation wise is rent loads of apartments off a hotel, Court Capri is the name of it, and then he'll charge each person an extra $20 a week. There was around 40, maybe 50 of us staying in Court Capri last year and he was making $20 off every person every week, so it's easy to see why he does it. So literally we'd pay him rent and he'd go straight down to reception with the rent and take his cut. Nobody got along with him at all, except one of the lads and we found out afterwards that he worked in the same restaurant as Conor. Last year Conor worked in a car park of a restaurant and came up to us once a week then to make a fortune. It's actually funny how most of us had much better jobs than him, working in the likes of amusement rides, sweet shops, ice cream shops etc. Also 4 of the lads got kicked out of the hotel for basically having too many parties as their room was the party room and Conor didn't do a thing to help them. The cleaners from the hotel even tried to plea with the manager to change his mind about kicking them out as it wasn't just them to blame for the parties, everyone played a part but they were just unlucky to be the scapegoats. They even had to tell Conor they were moving to another state just to get their deposits back. Loads of people had problems getting deposits back from Conor too, luckily we got ours but I know a lot of people didn't as Conor flew back to Ireland at the end of the summer. What I'd recommend doing is getting on to Court Capri yourself and you won't have to deal with Conor at all, he just caused trouble all summer for everyone, but it was only a small dampener on what was an unbelievable summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 storynow

well lads! 8 of us (boys) from Limerick/Galway heading on 1st of june. no idea where to live. We wanna get a house but where is the 'spot' cos we don't wanna miss out on the craic being stuck in some neighborhood or something..?? Any ideas??

Advertisement