Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Correct that fee free eligiblity declined for place on Springboard/Bluebrick courses?

• 31-01-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi,

Due to a Traumatic Brain Injury in April 2009, I am currently on invalidity pension and two long-term illness prescriptions. I did apply a course that qualified for the free fees initiative in September 2010 but I was told at the time that "Unfortunately you are not as it only applies to people on Jobseeker benefit or Unemployment benefit" so I had to source the funding of 1,300 for the course myself and pay it in installments. The course didn't start until January 2011 and didn't finish until April 2011.
    • I am "technically"employed only due to the reason that under Irish law, an employer can't make someone who is out on long term illness redundant.
    • I do have a previous history of employment (9 years full-time employed in Ireland)
    • I am in receipt of Social Protection payments (via the invalidity pension)

So my question's are:
    1. Is it correct that I was not, am not and won't be eligible to apply successfully for any of the springboard/Bluebrick courses currently available.
    2. If I can't apply for any of those fee free courses, are there similar alternatives available?
    3. There's a nurse who is employed by the insurance agency and she is putting pressure on me to find some course, retrain, upskill or take up some unrelated work despite the fact that I'm not finished my treatment nor do I feel ready to go back into the previous job role which I was employed in as it's very stressful, has long hours and extremely technical. Any advice on this?
    4. I am trying to follow up on appointments but progress is so slow and I'm assigned to 9 different types of consultants based in different hospitals all over the country so who has the final say in my rehabilitation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gingermagic

Hi,
    I don't know anything about the courses that you are applying for, however if you are not ready then you should not apply either way. Any nurse who is pushing you into doing something that you feel you are not able for right now should be told firmly but fairly to back off.

If you feel you are ready to begin training/working again then apply regardless, all they can say is no....you will be no worse off than what you are now!

Advertisement