Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch Box

Options
  • 31-01-2012 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Apologies if I'm on the wrong section. I'm looking for a lunch box with different compartments that will keep food hot til lunch (approx 5 hours). Is it possible to get something like this or is it only wishful thinking?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have seen thermos bowls on amazon, not sure about compartments though. Might be easier to just eat things where mixing is not an issue, like curry & rice, or get 2 bowls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 biolog.ie

Definitely loads on amazon. Just search for 'lunch box compartments'. Sistema seems to be the main brand. Have seen this brand of water bottles sold in 'home store & more'. Maybe they've got boxes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

biolog.ie wrote: »
    Definitely loads on amazon. Just search for 'lunch box compartments'. Sistema seems to be the main brand. Have seen this brand of water bottles sold in 'home store & more'. Maybe they've got boxes too.
    sistema type lunch boxes don't keep food hot. they are jsut plactic lunchboxes.

Themos bowls don't have compartments.

OP,. what foods are you looking for exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

You might be able to find an insulated tiffin box or bento box on ebay or amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Try the Great Outdoors off Grafton St there, or one of those outdoorsy retailers. They might stock up a selection of thermos lunch box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'm not sure if you can get these.

Have been looking for ages for something like this, but the best I have been able to come up with is thermos soup flasks (they come with a spoon).

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

This might be what you're looking for:

http://shop.hsw.ie/more_product_info%200.95L%20BENTO%20DOUBLEBLUE.aspx?ProductID=ALA135001

You can get them in Howard's Storage World in Carrickmines Retail Park ( they're in Blanch too I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

atgate wrote: »
    This might be what you're looking for:

http://shop.hsw.ie/more_product_info%200.95L%20BENTO%20DOUBLEBLUE.aspx?ProductID=ALA135001

You can get them in Howard's Storage World in Carrickmines Retail Park ( they're in Blanch too I think).

Do you know how long they'd keep food warm for?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Attol wrote: »

Afraid not. I just remember seeing them. I have a thermal bag, freezer cube an a bento box.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Attol wrote: »
    Thats a pretty vague question. Your idea of 'warm enough' might not match somebody elses. If you put in a tiny bit of hot food it will cool faster etc.

To maximise the heat retention you can preheat the box/flask with boiling water, and cook or reheat your food until it is very hot before putting it in the box/flask and sealing it. Then you could further insulated it, like wrap it in a jumper or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I've just found these on the next website.

It says that it keeps food warm or cold for up to 5 hours, and its got compartments.

Aladdin Bento box blue:

http://www.next.co.uk/g708038s4

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

A-wear do them in the shops they do stationary in (I've seen them in Blanchardstown and bought mine in Grafton St).

Muji do plain ones (the A-wear ones are very girly) - they're off Grafton St.

Advertisement