Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog is trembling

• 31-01-2012 3:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭

Our boy is trembling each time he breathes and has no energy at all(usually he's unstoppable). He's 6 months old and a minute ago, he got a little bit sick in the hall, which was like white froth but alarmingly there were small spots of blood in the vomit. This is just this morning, though he was sleeping an unusual amount the last two days.
    The vet is looking likely but it's also outside what we can afford right now.
    Anyone have any idea what this is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Nobody on here can diagnose your dog so you would be better off going to your vet. Lethargy and blood in vomit would have me very worried.

Is he up to date on vaccinations? Has he been eating and drinking normally? Any diarrhea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

I would suggest you bring him to the vet URGENTLY. is he drinkign water ?

if you cant afford even seeing the vet once, how will you be able to afford decent food, vaccines, dog walker etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

David I would be taking him straight to the vet, it sounds like it could be serious although noone will be able to tell you over the internet.

most vets are very accomodating these days with costs and will allow you to pay it off, just check with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Vets asap. We cant diagnose your dog. But sounds like your dog needs vet treatment as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

falabo wrote: »
    if you cant afford even seeing the vet once, how will you be able to afford decent food, vaccines, dog walker etc ?

The guy is being honest and asking for help so get down off the high horse. Alot of people cant even afford a doctor at the moment, nevermind a vet.

OP I would get to the vet ASAP, it could be something small but it could also be poisoning or something else quite serious. Im sure your vet would be willing to work out a payment plan or something similar. No one here can tell you what the cause is so please bring the dog to the vet.

• Advertisement

**Vai** wrote: »
    The guy is being honest and asking for help so get down off the high horse. Alot of people cant even afford a doctor at the moment, nevermind a vet.

OP I would get to the vet ASAP, it could be something small but it could also be poisoning or something else quite serious. Im sure your vet would be willing to work out a payment plan or something similar. No one here can tell you what the cause is so please bring the dog to the vet.

yes fair play for being honest but sometime its good to hear the trhuth. we wish you best of luck OP and your dog, please bring him to the vet and let us know. I'm sure the vet can be flexible with regards to payment. If not , I would look into switiching vet and go for someone who's not all about the money (although I understand its a business)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

My cat got suddenlly very ill last year.
    She was shivering, almost limp/ no strenght, and wouldnt eat.
    I was broke at the time, and the vet & staff were accomodating, she stayed in 2 nights & was ok in the end, I made a reasonable payment agreement with the vet we were both happy with. So please don't be pit off by that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bring the dog to the vets asap worry about the cost later. Most vets are reasonable and will work out payment plans etc. Also try to budget in pet insurance - you never know what's around the corner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Cool i'm gonna take him up now, thanks folks.
    be back later if i know anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Glad you are going to the vet david75 as they would be the best people to diagnose.
    Hopefully your vet will be understanding to your financial circumstances, not everyone always has money to hand at crucial times.

Please do let us know how you get on, I hope your dog will be ok.

• Advertisement

So we called all the local vets and cara pointed us to the blue cross, they arent in our area til tomorrow. They advised keeping an eye on his eating/sleeping/pooing in the mean time and bring him to the van tomorrow and if it's serious, they'll refer him to a local vet.

In the mean time he now seems grand, the tremblings stopped and nothing out of the ordinary, and was happy out on his walk. I'm thinking he ate something he shouldnt have, though i can't discern what it was, i'm gonna keep a beady on him(he's usually beside me at all times) and go to the blue cross van tomorrow.
    Thanks for the advice. Back tomorrow with an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Would none of the local vets see your dog because of the money??If so I would deffo be changing vets:)Hope your doggie is ok x

I would never go back to that vet again . . . and also spread the word that he's not a genuine dog lover . . .

really? rang the three nearest and they all said no dice. i'm not naming and shaming, they all said go to blue cross and come back with referral if need be.
    I'll just do that. He's grand now, still sleeping a lot but i'm putting it down to growing pains, he's been getting growth spurts at an alarming rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

The Blue Cross is a fantastic organisation ! They got me out of more than one spot of bother when money was tight, as soon as I could I went and made a €100 donation (months later mind you) and told them how very grateful an organisation like that existed.

They usually only ask for €15 or what you can afford, at the time I went I was down to my last €9 and pay day wasn't for 2 more days.

Given the economic crisis atm, they are working overtime and all of them volunteering too. Kudos

Advertisement