Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valentines day plans/ideal plans

• 31-01-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

So Ladies, Valentines day is nearly upon us, what will you be doing or what would be your ideal plan for the night?

Comments

Don't know, don't really care
    not fussed about it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It’s my flatmate’s birthday, so we’re inviting a load of people round for dinner (probably with lots of wine involved)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭SineadMarie

Well i was dumped last week :( Vals day is also my mams birthday and my dads 4th anniversary..so i guess drinking a lot lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Don't buy into the whole valentines day thing, we won't celebrate, just an ordinary day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's a Tuesday, is there football on? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

For one year only we'll be buying Valentine's cards for each other, purely to buy one that says fiancé/fiancée (probably Tesco value cards!), I like to collect cards to look back on, these can go between all the engagement cards and wedding cards in my big card storage box! Other than that I'll be treating it like any other weekday, Hallmark have enough money so I don't like to give them more, or to pay inflated restaurant prices for one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

i took the day after off so im going to out out and get drunk

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

We dont do the whole restaurant thing - if I go out to dinner I want to choose what I want on the menu, and eat it at my pace, not have a choice of 4 starters, 4 mains and dessert with a cheap thimbleful of sparkling wine and the waiting staff coughing meaningfully to give us the hint to pay up and leave, getting ripped off in the process.

This year though, I think I will try and find a card to him from me and the baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Steak & chips night at home! Oh wait, it's a Tuesday, I have Pilates. (Unless my instructor has a hot date...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have a big assignment due that day so I imagine I'll stress about it all morning, submit it at about 2:50pm (it's due before 3pm!) and then I'll eat a lot of ice cream to congratulate myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm going to see Melissa Etheridge play in the Olympia, WOOOOOOOO! It'll be wall to wall lesbians, huzzah! :p

Usually though, it goes by, might have a dinner with napkins with my girlfriend (posh or what???), but it's our anniversary the week before and we make a bigger deal of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Nowt, it falls in the same week as my birthday and we'd rather celebrate that than hallmark/christian martyrs.

Spot the romantic! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

We'll plan a special meal, light the fire, cook dinner together, then relax on the sofa and cuddle. Yep not the different from other nights, but we will make an effort on the meal :D
    To me it's just an excuse to get extra lovey dovey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

We don't really do much for Valentines Day because our anniversary is 2 days later- 5 years this year :D
    Normally spent Valentines hanging out and watching crap on tv and then do something nice for the Anniversary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I am SO glad I am not the only female that doesn't buy into the whole Valentine's Day thing. I am SICK of hearing about it. Seriously - does someone have to make an effort on one day and not the other 364 days?!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Unfortunately, i'll be spending it in the Family law courts. Where I'll be pursuing maintenance :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

First year engaged, so hopefully well go away for it but not on that weekend or day as it's too cheesy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I love Valentines Day :o I even liked it when I was single and would send a card to my sister! I still do every year!

Can't be with my boyfriend this year so we are posting gifts and cards to each other :) Looked in loads of shops till I found the perfect card.

Last year it was a Monday and we couldn't be together so we celebrated at the weekend and he sent flowers to my work on the day.

Its not that we don't make the effort throughout the year, just a nice day to be extra romantic. I like every holiday and love giving presents and writing cards. Any excuse :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

We won't be together on the actual day as it's during the week but we were already going to a gig at the weekend so were gonna make a day of it. Food and (many) drinks in town :p and we've a hotel booked for after as they had a really good offer. No presents or anything cause I think it's silly and 7 years in I think we know we love each other :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I will treat myself to a nice take away and sit in watching films I like:)
    1st married valentines day so he can bring me out to dinner when he gets back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Going for dinner the weekend after with my boyfriend, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I have a plan..but I can't tell anyone because it's very very secret..

but while brainstorming about what to do I stumbled upon a gap in the market and have spent the last few days pondering the possibility of taking advantage of it and turning it into a feasible little earner. (happy days, brain has project)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

It's a Tuesday, and as per usual, I'll be upstairs in Dicey's rockin it out as I do every week!

I'm gonna use it as an excuse to bake red velvet cupcakes for people. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

ill be working, but the weekend before we are going to the bodies exhibiton in the amassador...soooo romantic:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Valentine's Day doesn't do anything for me.. I have plenty of dates with my boyfriend as it is, I don't see what else we could do to make it more special besides wearing red and eating more chocolate :pac: But considering it's long distance right now, we are both putting together little care packages for each other... Except I'm kind of lazy and I don't think it will get to him in time hehe whoops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

ideally id love to be back in the arms of the love of my life :(, yeah yeah slushy crap im sorry there, too many cocktails tonight bringing that stuff on :rolleyes: !

will probably end up heading to see the vow or the muppets with my best mate, or the dirty dancing show, then food and a few, good few, drinkies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pinkywoo

I am not usally a big V day person, but this year dont know why im really excited about it, even though im newly single.

Want to do something nice with all my single girl friends, does anyone know of anything good thats on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

My car has its NCT re-test on V day so if it passes I'll buy myself a takeaway that night!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

No cards or anything but I think I'll get a couple of aged steaks.

I've also told my husband that I will write him a story with any three things of his choosing worked into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Usual story, I'll be in Galway and he'll be in Dublin. Also, his birthday is a week beforehand and since I'm a broke student I can't afford to spoil him for both events!! Next year we'll be living together and we'll both be able to afford to do nice things, but this year I suppose we'll swap cards and that'll be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Planned on doing nothing again with just cards but I was in work tonight and saw we are selling dogs that move and sing "build me up buttercup" so i bought it and gave it to him tonight :):)
    More for my entertainment though!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Nothing, apart from a nice dinner at home perhaps, don't want flowers we've never gone out for dinner.

I do need perfume though :)

Nothing will still be fine, I suspect we will both forget it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

sarahbro wrote: »
    Planned on doing nothing again with just cards but I was in work tonight and saw we are selling dogs that move and sing "build me up buttercup" so i bought it and gave it to him tonight :):)

I need that dog!

Acoshla wrote: »

I need that dog!

It's awesome! €9.50 in Tesco - soooo worth it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is this a cuddly toy that sings build me up buttercup?

Stheno wrote: »

Is this a cuddly toy that sings build me up buttercup?

Yup it is

Neyite wrote: »
    This year though, I think I will try and find a card to him from me and the baby.

Try moonpig.com
    You can make it from whoever you like :)

My husband and I don't really do anything for Valentines day though he sometimes cooks me a nice dinner but he won't be here this Valentine's day so I'll make some toast :D

Personally I'm not that into it from an adult point of view. But I always buy my daughter, flowers, chocolates, and a card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We have 2 under 2 and I would hate the idea of getting an overpriiced babysitter to mind them, plus I do not eat out in the evening if I can help it for medical reasons so he is getting a card. I do not want flowers, well he can get me a red rose and I am a type 1 diabetic so while I can eat sweets they loose the attraction. Our wedding anniversary and anniversary of our first date are the things we celebrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Both are birthdays are coming up soon so we'll celebrate them instead.

Last year both of us did some really cheesey things so I think it'll be ok to do nothing this year. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

We've never done anything for V-day, but we saw this online last night & both had a good laugh. If we were to ever get cards for each other they'd be like this, just for the joke of it:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/asda-sells-budget-7p-valentine%E2%80%99s-day-card.html

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'll be at Metallitia in Fibbers on the 11th on the pull so hopefully this year I won't be alone. Even so, if things don't work out, I'll be reverting to the usual stallwarts of cake, drink and self loathing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Ayla wrote: »
    We've never done anything for V-day, but we saw this online last night & both had a good laugh. If we were to ever get cards for each other they'd be like this, just for the joke of it:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/asda-sells-budget-7p-valentine%E2%80%99s-day-card.html

:D
    Why pay 7p when you can print out your own Tesco Value one? http://www.tescovaluecards.com/

Use the printer at work do you don't have to pay for the paper/ink :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pinkywoo

Birdster wrote: »
    My car has its NCT re-test on V day so if it passes I'll buy myself a takeaway that night!! :D

Best of luck on the NTC, reminds me have to do mine again soon, Any good deals in any takeways Vday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ill be in work this year and prob not home till after nine so don't think we will be doing much. we haven't really talked about it as i'm fairly broke this year as just started in a new job and not getting many hours at the min.

but i did get him a class fun thing.... a bell that either of us can ring when we want sex. lol got it for 2.50 in dealz in blanch.

it is our first vday as an engaged couple so who knows...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭MsHolloway

I'm doing what I do every year, making my bf a card and gift. I love card making so any excuse really but he does really appreciate it. He even made me something last year and its really not his thing, so i loved that he did for me.

We're really not into the usual v day stuff like restaurants, going away etc so we'll probably make some nice dinner together and rent a couple of dvds and relax for ourselves!

Can't wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I hate valentines day, i even started the rant in ranting and raving.
    For me i will be in work on a night shift!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm making up small parcels and cards now to send to my lovely boyfriend, sister, friend and dog! :pac: The cards for parents were too cheesy and soppy so they don't get one!

Have a very long day of classes on a Tuesday but will hopefully find a time to call or Skype or my boyfriend :) He sent me a humongous parcel of sweets and chocolates so I will eat whats left of them then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I have never celebrated Valentine's Day before. I haven't had an interest in it, nor has my special someone... but this year I really want to tell him how much I love and appreciate him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The same thing we do every year pinky- takeaway and beer :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement