Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please..confussed

Options
  • 31-01-2012 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello all,

English is not my 1st language :o that`s why am asking the following Q

In exams i have responded to the following Q; (Sketch out and describ a typical process flow diagram PFD)? my response was by drawing the process diagram with few words & arrows appointed to each section in the digram.!

is what I did consider full response to the Q?
    or
    should i write some/many lines along with the drawing?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

ranger123 wrote: »
    Hello all,

English is not my 1st language :o that`s why am asking the following Q

In exams i have responded to the following Q; (Sketch out and describ a typical process flow diagram PFD)? my response was by drawing the process diagram with few words & arrows appointed to each section in the digram.!

is what I did consider full response to the Q?
    or
    should i write some/many lines along with the drawing?

Thanks in advance

I think you'd be much better off asking the lecturer who set the question, than asking here. What each lecuturer expects as an answer is going to differ greatly, so only your lecturer will know what is considered a full answer.

If its for an assignment, and you show that you have put work into the answer then they are generally happy to give you advice as to whether you need to put in more or not. They won't tell you what to put in, mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ranger123

WeeBushy wrote: »
    I think you'd be much better off asking the lecturer who set the question

Thanks WeeBushy,

yes I did, his answer was: (I would expect a more innovative application of knowledge with critical analysis and/or justifications)

as you see his answer based on expectaion & as student i should respond clearly to Qs in the papers not predict lecturer expectaions!..think am right!

for now i would appreciate any more advices

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

By the sound of it you will probably have to expand on your answer. Can you split the process into stages and just describe each stage in word format under the diagram?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ranger123

Thanks Bluefox21

still looking for more advices /say on this issues

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Sounds like an Engineering question.

If I was asked that, I'd draw what was required and then explain with reference to the drawing. They generally ask you to draw something to compliment what you write down. i.e. Anyone could memorize a graph or a drawing, but they test your understanding by seeing what you write about it.

It wouldn't be enough to just draw the sketch as it asked to "Sketch out and describe" which basically means write a paragraph or so (Depending on the question)

• Advertisement
Advertisement