Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual venue for Corporate events in Dublin

Options
  • 31-01-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I am trying to find some ideas for unusual venues for holding a corporate event anywhere in Dublin. I am looking to try to avoid the normal type of corporate venue (Hotels, restaurants, DCC etc) and would like to try and find somewhere really unusual. I've been thinking of Dublin Zoo, Waxworks Museum, that kind of thing if anyone knows any places that are a little bit different.

Any suggestions for possible venues would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Guinness Storehouse & Croke Park are usually good - not sure if they're unusual enough for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The Aviva Stadium is also open to corporate days. Depending on what your event is, we might be able to give you a more specific answer

http://www.avivastadiumevents.com/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

How many people and what kind of event?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

I was at a wedding in Dublin Zoo last year - it was so cool and different really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭CiaranMcDCFC

There was an album launch on the Jeanie JOhnston famine ship last summer so I would imagine they are open to such events. Central and interesting location if they are!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

The sewers - open free to the general public too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

Thanks for the replies everybody, great ideas there!!

Sorry, should have mentioned, its for 60-70 people, and its a large meeting style event. We will invite 50 customers to meet with a number of vendors, so we'd be looking for auditorium style seating, and ideally, for another area with 10 smaller tables for one to one meetings.

Cheers for all the ideas, these are brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Guinness Storehouse have meeting rooms and will take bookings for conferences.

They can lay on a meal and then ye can head for drinks in the Gravity bar if required

Fantastic location and building

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guinness Storehouse
    Wood Quay Venue
    Penthouse of The Morgan Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Dublin City Hall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mansion House holds events now and again.
    Historic place, site of the first Dáil

http://www.mansionhouse.ie/round-room.aspx
    The round room looks great there and it's a bit different to everything else

Great central location too. It's different anyway and you're looking for different

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

Ardgillan Castle in Skerries - or is that too far??

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I went to a conference in IMMA a while ago, they have a really lovely hall and it's a nice location.

Advertisement