Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Killarney Restaurant for Valentines Day

Options
  • 31-01-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all,

I would be so grateful if someone could help me out.

Myself and my girlfriend are taking a mid week break around Valentines day and heading to Killarney. She loves Macs on Main Street, I just rang them there to book dinner on the 14th and apparently they won't be open for dinner!

Can anyone suggest a nice place for dinner?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

How about Treyvard's in High street, they are on facebook if you want to view the restaurant and the menu..etc..very good food video's also....
    Also love the Royal Hotel, and Of course the Lake hotel for romantic surroundings..There really is so many places to enjoy, Best place i have eaten and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere was upstairs from Murphy's bar.. Food was excellent, Staff were a joy, and service excellent. Name of restaurant escapes me at moment but will get back to you,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

There is a restaurant down a lane close to Treyvauds, called Stone Chat. I was there once and it is very nice. Probably has a facebook pg etc as well.

Actually here are some reviews...couldn't find a website for the restaurant itself
    http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186612-d1516622-Reviews-Stonechat_Cafe_and_Restaurant-Killarney_County_Kerry.html

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    How about Treyvard's in High street, they are on facebook if you want to view the restaurant and the menu..etc..very good food video's also....
    Also love the Royal Hotel, and Of course the Lake hotel for romantic surroundings..There really is so many places to enjoy, Best place i have eaten and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere was upstairs from Murphy's bar.. Food was excellent, Staff were a joy, and service excellent. Name of restaurant escapes me at moment but will get back to you,

Lord Kenmares..... going there myself next weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Do you like Thai food? We often go on day trips to Killarney and always eat at Genting Thai.

http://www.menupages.ie/kerry/kerry_central/killarney/genting_thai.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Chapter 40. Little expensive but very nice.

The Smokehouse. Nice food with a relaxed atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Sounds like Chapter 40 is the job alright. :) Any restaurant over looking the lakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pats87

Thanks so much everyone.

Went with Lord Kenmares. Looks like a really nice place on the website.

Thanks again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭vinne

The West End House, the food is out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Lads i must say yer taste and choice in venues is impeccable and flawless! I'm finding it hard to choose! The West End looks exquisite! :)

Advertisement