Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Build €500-600

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭somurray

I've yet to order this PC, because I've been waiting for the HD 7770 and 7750 cards to come out. Both of them have come out today, I'm not impressed, dabs.ie has the 7750 at the same price as the GTX 550 Ti but the latter looks like the best choice, Shogun 2 Total War also comes free with the the 550 ti!:D

So should I stay with the order I've made in my last post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

somurray wrote: »
    I've yet to order this PC, because I've been waiting for the HD 7770 and 7750 cards to come out. Both of them have come out today, I'm not impressed, dabs.ie has the 7750 at the same price as the GTX 550 Ti but the latter looks like the best choice, Shogun 2 Total War also comes free with the the 550 ti!:D

So should I stay with the order I've made in my last post?

The 7700 series are pretty underwhelming. Last-Gen performance aat Next-Gen prices :D. The best choice would be to stick with the 550 ti, even though power consumption is much better on the 7700s, but who really cares about that in a budget build? Have a look at this:

cod4_1920_1200.gif

Bear in mind that the 7770 is retailing around the 6850, some a bit over. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭somurray

Say, should I replace the GTX 550ti with a ATi Radeon HD 4890 if I can get the latter for 70-80 euros?

Advertisement