Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marlin .22lr

Options
  • 31-01-2012 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Heya lads,

Traded my .22 Henry today for a Marlin XT-22.

I dont know a whole lot about marlins and am just wondering if any of you out there own one. Its brand new, doesnt have a free floated barrel but the barrel is heavy. Its not quite bull barrel I dont think but it is certainly heavier than a normal .22 and also the trigger is non adjustable, the stock is very plain ! Can anyone tell me how it shoots and what kind of groups you can get ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Confusion here, Sir. Why are you asking us how it shoots? It's YOU that has the rifle.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

tac foley wrote: »
    Confusion here, Sir. Why are you asking us how it shoots? It's YOU that has the rifle.

tac

I dont have the rifle yet I only put the license in today for sub so it will take 2 or 3 weeks I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

In that case you'll soon find out, eh?

Happy shooting!

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 warcheen

tac foley wrote: »
    In that case you'll soon find out, eh?

Happy shooting!

tac

No need to be like that tac, the OP was only asking how the gun shoots and if you haven't anything decent to contribute then why bother??

OP I have a Marlin in .17HMR I know its different but I can safely say they are a very well built gun and the accuracy is outstanding. I was looking at a Marlin XT-22 and am seriously considering buying one as it is cheaper to run than the .17HMR . Is it the XT22 model you bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

warcheen wrote: »
    No need to be like that tac, the OP was only asking how the gun shoots and if you haven't anything decent to contribute then why bother??

OP I have a Marlin in .17HMR I know its different but I can safely say they are a very well built gun and the accuracy is outstanding. I was looking at a Marlin XT-22 and am seriously considering buying one as it is cheaper to run than the .17HMR . Is it the XT22 model you bought?

Yes it is the XT22 model, very basic stock but I am thinking of getting a spray job in black when I get it I think it will look better. The gun itself seems to be solidly built. I was looking for a CZ but my dealer said he cant keep them on the shelves at the moment and a new one would have cost me almost €500 whereas I got the marlin for €300 after the trade in and also he is sending it to be cut for a moderator and this is all included in the price. I said I better go for it as it seemed like a great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Hi rabbit assasin try the link below, I havent gone through it fully, you might get some information there,I hope this helps,and best of luck to you with your new purchase.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389464&highlight=Marlin+XT-22.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Dont know is it the same with the .22 but with the hmr and wmr in the marlin v and the marlin vs the magazine is abit loose and sometimes it sits a bit low and the round is pushing against the end of the action instead of going into it. The odd time it happens you just have to put a hand under the magazine. The problem isnt meant to happen with the 4 shot mag though

Advertisement